Campaign Gremlins - New to the Bayou

mythicFOX

Next month my local club are going to run a campaign and I've promised I won't play my normal Arcanists.  Having never played Gremlins I thought I'd give them a whirl. 

I'm lost when it comes to the Bayou, so I'm looking for you guys to help me out and with a starting list for a Shifting Loyalties campaign; Released plastic models only, 35ss, Henchman Led (paid for from the 35ss).

Don't worry about mixing stuff from different sets / boxes, I just want something effective.

Thanks in advance! :) 

I think that the best starting leaders for a campaign are Trixiebelle and McTavish but since the latter isn't out yet, the choice is pretty simple. Trixie is a great support piece and doesn't have to expose herself to danger (she likes to expose herself in other ways, though).

Francois is, arguably, the most killy thing you can find in the game and a complete bargain at 7SS. He has Companion and with Trixie's ability to cheat initiative Francois can set up insanely devastataing alpha strikes.

Slop Haulers and Lightning Bugs are great at pretty much everything from support to damage dealing to Scheming. Their biggest difference is in how Resource intensive they are - Lightning Bugs tend to hog cards a lot more than Slop Haulers.

Burt and Raphael are heavy damage dealers and both are fast enough to do Schemes as well when needed. Raphael is more independent but Burt is more versatile. I think that Raphael is better at the start of the campaign while Burt is probably better at the end. Both are great, though.

Finally, Lenny is amazing support and can combo with Trixie to make for a crazy melee pair. I wouldn't take him to start, though.

Oh, and once Rooster Riders come out next month, they are silly good.

Anway, for straight up lists, how's these sound?

Trixiebelle + A Gun for a Lady (8+1)

Francois (7)

Slop Hauler (5)

Raphael (7)

Bayou Gremlin (3)

Or

Trixiebelle + A Gun for a Lady (8+1)

Francois (7)

Slop Hauler (5)

Lightning Bug (5)

Slop Hauler or Lightning Bug (5)

And then try and get Stilts for Francois ASAP.

• Like 2

Oh aye, Merris and Sammy are also both awesome. Sammy I wouldn't pick right at the start but she is terrific a bit further along. Merris is golden for Scheme running but again, at the very start I would emphasize more versatile models (though that Burning attack is no slouch, mind).

I'd put my vote into the ring for Mancha Roja. Flexible and hit. Francois is good, but I think he's a poor choice for a leader as he dies rather quick. But Trixie is also solid - you can't go wrong with most of the Henchmen really. I'd also recommend putting into two normal Gremlins as soon as you start off. There is a lot of do on the board in a campaign game and having cheap models that the foe still needs to deal with is very useful. 

So Henchmen of choice, plus Francois and two Gremlins to start?