Looking for Penny Dreadful/One-Shots selection advice

Druso

Hi!

Im gonna be Fatemaster in TTB sesion this Saturday. I want an autonclusive story so One-Shots are great and Im looking for a game that develops in about 3 hours (more will be too much for some players maybe) and have from 3 to 5 players. Any suggestion? It gona be in a sort of Convention if it helps in the choice.

I don´t wanna run ColdFront or Good Faith (I have already done it) or Recruitment Drive (too focused on combat and less story...but will be my choice if finally I decided for a more fight oriented game). In the Gutter might be a bit rare with some characters (I´ll create a pool of pregenerated fated and the players will take their characters from it, and one Fated will be a female Guild Graverrober) so Im thinking in Night of the Carver, a Dragon and a Vase or even The Whispering Affair but Im not sure and can pick out of theese.

Thanks Malersatz, so thinking in:

-A Dragon and a Vase: really only one and final combat  and maybe too much investigation and 10T stuff

-Smuggler´s Run: too much Bayou focused and I think that people will want more victorian-stempunk stuff

-The Whispering Affair: might work since there is investigation and also combat

-Owner of a lonely heart: I should read it carefuly

I´ll work on them and explain my thoughts!

Hi again!

So finally we played The Whispering Affair, and was a total succes! (please don´t read below unless you want spoilers from the adventure)

The characters were premade by my:

-Trojj. A really strong Guard, heavy meele oriented, very focused in close combat. Armed with some stuff that picked from the North (mighty cleaver, and some armor) he is now drinking in Malifaux taberns.

-Sarah. A Graverrober who wants to join Death Marshals. Her mother was a Dabbler so knows a bit about Prestidigitation and Enchanting...but she preffers Necromancy. She knows to spells (Heal and Mind Control).

-Katherine. A nimble mercenary who is able to shoot to the combat withouth randomize. He wields a rifle and a pistol, and a pretty smile!

-Joseph. A bastard gunfighter raised in slums, knows how to fight dirty and some "street tricks" like lockpicking and stealth. Now carries a shotgun armed with ammo that grants him more damage.

The team meet doctor Weston and once they talk about money (they Barter him to 50 scrip) they go after the mad-man. First they go to the tabern looking for him or in order to get more clues about him. Onces the took a few beers and a Katherine played a speed card game against some locals they get not too much. Once outside and a minutes after the Green Sleeves gang appeared! Trojj wanna fight since he has not frightened by a group of pricks, but Sarah insisted that it´s was getting late...and that they have a mission so finally the team pay the tax in order to reach faster the house. Once there, Katherine and Joseph (who open the door) wait outside and Trojj and Sara get in. A rat bit Trojj´s face when he open an oven and when Sarah found the trap door in the kitchen they call Joseph as a reinforcement. Katherine climb the building, waitting for troubles.

Once in the cellar, Sarah use her Mind Control to forcer Pilthy to threw, but suddenly an undead appear and Trojj kill it (bye bye Dorsa, Trojj is in home). They combat with two dismembered that Pilthy summon, and finally they kill the necromancer (Trojj dont wanna do that thing but Sarah convice him since it was the faster way, ther mission was to save the kid, not save Pilthy).

So a nice adventure! and the players have fun and want to play again TTB.

If you don´t have trouble with spanish you can check that post in my blog, http://alifaux.blogspot.com.es/2016/03/12-horas-de-juegos.html

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This may be a question for a new thread but I think it is related to this topic.

I’m looking for an adventure I read some time ago but can’t seem to find where it is.  It started out with the party getting asked for help from an Orphan, don’t want to give away the rest of the story.  Anyone know the name of this adventure and where I can find it?

Thank you Druso. I thought I had downloaded all the Penny Dreadful I bought but apparently I missed that one. I thought it was in a wyrd chronical. Should of just asked the forums first instead of spending a day looking though all of them.  I guess it did give me the opportunity to read over all the premade adventures I have available to me.

• Like 1