Daffcon Story Encounter 9th April

shakes1066

As it seems to be what all the cool kids are doing I had better post my Daffcon event here.

On Saturday I will be running with the help of my beautiful assistant Martin Wodehouse the Malifaux story encounter.

The event will be run at Firestrom games as part of the Daffcon extravaganza on Saturday 9th April.

24 player limit

3 rounds at 50ss

Fixed faction

Painted Crews to a minimum of 3 colours

The day will consist of three 135mins rounds of linked story encounters and will include the new schemes from GG2016. This is designed to be a fun event for new and veteran players so everyone is welcome.

If you havent already got a weekend ticket for this event, why not? go now and pick one up right now. Or pick yourself up a day pass, tickets are available please follow link below

http://www.daffcon.info/store/c1/Featured_Products.html

Anything I have missed just ask.

There will be the usual podium positions and best painted crew.

Hope to see you there!

• 1 month later...

I'm just finishing off writing the fluff for the Story Encounter.

It's not huge (around 1500 words) however I did do some research prior to writing it, so the material does actually have some substance. You would need to be particularly geeky in a certain genre to pick up on the references but hey, all the cool kids use Google these days anyway! ;)

I hope everyone coming enjoys and look forward to seeing you there! :)

Martin

6 hours ago, Catsama said:

Will there be a rules pack posted here before the event for those of us who WANT to read the story fluff?  Just saying that I actually tend to read the rules packs before events - how else do you think Andy and James know what they need to take!

No more than the rulespack above, you will receive the story fluff in advance of each round so there will be time for everyone to read and enjoy.

The scenarios will not be handed out until the start of each round so everyone will come at these fresh. All I need from Andy and James is their company and their best smiles and the normal Malifaux bits and bobs, tape measure, cards, crew etc.

Luke.

• 3 weeks later...

Right peeps, it's been a couple of weeks since the dust settled at Daffcon and I just wanted to thank everyone that participated in the Story Encounter for making it such a pleasure to run. I still love the Malifaux community in the UK :), even Luke (but don't tell him I said that)! ;)

In my opinion the whole weekend was a fantastic success and much credit should be given to Mike Marshall for his vision and the efforts he went to to realize it. A huge virtual round of applause from me. Well done Mike and I sincerely hope the community continues to build on this for the future.

All of this aside, the main reason I wanted to post was this:

I would like to run the Story Encounter again next year if possible. But as this was mine and Luke's first time running any event, we suspect there will have been at least some things that we could sharpen up on for next time. To that end, I am seeking feedback from the participants on any aspect of the Encounter or its administration. All feedback is gratefully received.

And please don't feel like you can't criticise. As long as it's constructive we will take it on board. Things can only improve if we know what we are doing wrong.

Thanks again and I look forward to seeing what you have to say.

Martin