Ironsides and Arcane Effigy

Corey3977

Howdy folks!

I have been toying with the idea of picking up an Arcane Effigy because I like the model. 

I guess what I want to know is how people have found him/her/it in game, especially with Ironsides, who I am just starting to learn :)

Any and all thoughts are appreciated. Also if this has been discussed before and you can redirect me, much appreciated :)

It's a great model. Condition removal is a handy thing to have (admittedly less so for Ironsides thanks to Warding Runes) and for its points, it has a solid stat line. The 0 action is either extra damage or a discard, either way this is a bonus. 

I'd say it's a great choice for any Arcanist master, perhaps more useful for Mei and Kaeris due to synergies.

• Like 1

I don't think Radiance is that useful for Kaeris since it requires you to damage the enemy with an Attack Action to have any effect and Immolate is kind of lame unless the enemy is already on fire. That said, the effigy is still very good for its 4 points so I would get it anyway.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Corey3977 said:

damn this game gets you quickly haha

Tell me about it. My wishlist is growing and I am currently eying Ironsides myself (among all the other stuff I'm planing to buy). Curse that person that made this "I cast fist" comic in the "Fill in the blanks" thread, that let me giggle all the time... and curse Micheal Jackson's "Beat It", I always have in my head for Toni and I desperately want to buy her, just to paint her jacket red and white, so everytime I declare her, I have an excuse to play the song...

In my lists, I often take the AE over mouse especially if your playing an adrenaline list with Ironsides. Her ability to generate extra attacks via adrenaline is really handy with radiance, and since your often running gunsmiths close to Toni, it gives that extra synergy bonus for them. 

I find the condition removal is great for pretty much every other master, however since Toni has access to warding runes, and will often run with Johan, I find it less important for Ironsides specifically. However you can never really have too much condition removal.

• Like 1