Tara Bury Shenanigans

bstorz

I've just started to play Tara and have about 5 games under my belt with her.  I was wondering if anyone ever had this situation come up.  I have not, just something that I thought about.

Could a Death Marshal bury another Death Marshal (or be buried through Glimpse the Void) and Tara use her 1 action on Eternal Journey to Pine Box an enemy model effectively taking it out of the game unless she fails a WP check at activation or dies?  Granted, she wouldn't be able to bury another model with Glimpse the Void, but no longer has to worry about models dying and unburying the model.  Just let the void wretches eat their fill over a few turns and call it done.

I think it's possible, but Hannah can actually do this much easier and better than Tara can. Hannah can use her (0) to copy the death marshal pine box and if successful they would need to win an opposed duel with Hannah's WP8 or otherwise kill her, which can be difficult given her armour and soulstone prevention. 

• Like 2

I think you might be able over-estimating how long Pine Box lasts.  If Model X uses Pine Box (either from its own card or from someone else's card), and then Model X gets buried that also triggers the end of Pine Box, due to the 'removed from play' clause.

If you're in that situation, you're probably just as likely to get buried as killed.

Thanks for the replies.

I can't remember the exact wording on Pine box, but believe it is until the burying model is removed from play, takes the action again or fails the WP duel at the beginning of their activation.  If Tara/Hannah do not borrow the action again, the only way their buried model will get to activate is until Tara/Hannah is removed from play or fails the WP duel.  Much like burying Francisco or Papa Loco, the buried model will never "activate" and will be effectively out of the game (barring a WP test each activation or death of Tara/Hannah).  It shouldn't affect the Death Marshal's ability to bury another model since it was only copying the action from their card, not forcing the Death Marshal to take the action, but would prohibit Tara from burying another model due to the way her abilities are worded. 

If the model was an important model in your opponent's plans, you could mess things up.  Highly situational, but a pain in the arse if it works.

I don't currently have Hannah ready to play, but can see how that would be much more effective and will keep it in mind.  Thanks Jordon.

1 hour ago, bstorz said:

Thanks for the replies.

I can't remember the exact wording on Pine box, but believe it is until the burying model is removed from play, takes the action again or fails the WP duel at the beginning of their activation.  If Tara/Hannah do not borrow the action again, the only way their buried model will get to activate is until Tara/Hannah is removed from play or fails the WP duel.  Much like burying Francisco or Papa Loco, the buried model will never "activate" and will be effectively out of the game (barring a WP test each activation or death of Tara/Hannah).  It shouldn't affect the Death Marshal's ability to bury another model since it was only copying the action from their card, not forcing the Death Marshal to take the action, but would prohibit Tara from burying another model due to the way her abilities are worded. 

If the model was an important model in your opponent's plans, you could mess things up.  Highly situational, but a pain in the arse if it works.

I don't currently have Hannah ready to play, but can see how that would be much more effective and will keep it in mind.  Thanks Jordon.

At the start of the pine boxing models activation if it has something in the pine box they do an opposed WP. If the boxed models wins they get out.
Hannah with her ridiculously high WP is very good at keeping things in the box. Tara is actually worse than a Death Marshall at keeping something in the box.