Aionus leading a crew

Gabbi

Seems odd that nobody started this discussion before... anyway, thoughts on using Aionus to lead a crew? (He's an Henchman).
What models would you accompany to him?
I own Convicted Gunslinger, Desperate Mercenary, Johan, Malifaux Child, and I was thinking if, by buying a spare couple more of models, I could be able to build a simple crew to teach games (that, given how "tricky" Aionus is, could be a bad idea).

The problem with Flurry type models is that they eat two cards. One for Fast and one for Flurry. If you max out on Flurry/Rapid Fire/Furious Casting (say Johan, Convict Gunslinger, and a Librarian) then you need 6 cards just to get the Fast Flurry out of them. I feel like is sounds better on paper than it'll perform in reality.

I'm of a different opinion, I think take modles that can burry, and try and fast 1 modle of worth rather than 2-3 piddly things.

an example, nothing beast and 2 wretches, if you do fast all then they have higher defence, and you have alot of potential burrys draining enemy cards, and at that at that pt value losing 1 guy Is devastating,

although a hybrid is possibly best, 2 wretches and a bishop or a convict, 1 thing to g get fast and reap huge rewards from it and wretches scheming and going for burrys

18 hours ago, KrazyIvan said:

The problem with Flurry type models is that they eat two cards. One for Fast and one for Flurry. If you max out on Flurry/Rapid Fire/Furious Casting (say Johan, Convict Gunslinger, and a Librarian) then you need 6 cards just to get the Fast Flurry out of them. I feel like is sounds better on paper than it'll perform in reality.

Ivan, thats why you bring Vanessa with Howling Wolf Tattoo. Mercenary models within LOS do not need to discard a card to flurry or rapid fire. So you're getting a free flurry, but paying for fast. Not to mention Vanessa is pretty solid on her own.

• Like 2