Perdita and Brutal Emissary Obey upgrade

Dogsplosion

I find running the Emissary AND a Death Marshal to be pretty redundant, personally.  I mean, seriously, how many people do you need to protect inside the box?  Using the examples mentioned, that's Papa and/or Francisco boxed up, for the sake of mimicking or protecting models from harm.  Not even including upgrades, that's 15 ss of models not seeing the field regularly.  With the Emissary it makes much more sense, since the boxed model comes out after it's activation, so at the very least, it's a "delivery system" for the model, and regardless of who you're carrying, they're going to help make short work of whoever the Emissary is close to. 

But having 2 models that can box people, with one who can hold someone indefinitely through the game, is a bit much. 

• Like 1

When I have used the emmissary I very rarely box my own models with it's action. You use the marshal to box Loco and the emmissary to actually spend actions on using Loco's attacks or something else that's useful.

In my eyes the emmissary's own box is for beaming models around the table, sometimes in combination with stealing an activation from your enemy if they haven't already activated. If you spend half the emmissary's ap for the entire game on just putting stuff in his box to copy their action once I don't think you're getting good value for your soulstones. The emmissary is 1/5 of your entire list and therefore needs to perform at stellar levels. It's not something you just throw in, you need to know you're getting use out of it.

It's more expensive than Francisco and he offers ludicrous amounts of flexibility. As have already been said - if you think you'll obey once or twice it seems more effective to bring Francisco and a couple of soulstones than the emmissary. Perdita especially already has a lot of expensive models she wants and needs activation padding.

I might take the emmissary with specific schemes. Power ritual for example: box a slow model to reappear at the enemy unguarded marker in their corner and voila - you score ritual and they don't.  Boxing bodyguarded models (riders) to have them reappear in their own deployment engaged with a model of yours is also a neat trick. 

If you want to take the emmissary by all means do, just consider what job you are taking it for so you don't get disappointed. And please disregard us haters, take whatever models you like and make them work! If everyone followed someone else we wouldn't find out about new combos. A lot of discussions here tend to turn into "always do this" which is boring. (Yes that last part is me admitting guilt) ;) 

• Like 1

I might take the emmissary with specific schemes. Power ritual for example: box a slow model to reappear at the enemy unguarded marker in their corner and voila - you score ritual and they don't.  Boxing bodyguarded models (riders) to have them reappear in their own deployment engaged with a model of yours is also a neat trick. 

Boxing a Rider... Now that's something I didn't think of trying yet... :D

It's the only good thing to come out of them removing the Ca from the attacks and making them Sh and Ml respectively. Normal death marshals are at a :-fate from stubborn but not the emmissary ;) 

It's the only good thing to come out of them removing the Ca from the attacks and making them Sh and Ml respectively. Normal death marshals are at a :-fate from stubborn but not the emmissary ;) 

Actually Stubborn only affects enemy models.  So if you're doing it to your own guy, it's cool. ;)

Actually Stubborn only affects enemy models.  So if you're doing it to your own guy, it's cool. ;)

Well kind of the whole idea was to prevent immortal enemy riders from scoring on bodyguard. Not sure why I would want prevent my own bodyguard from scoring.

Edited by Ludvig

Well kind of the whole idea was to prevent immortal enemy riders from scoring on bodyguard. Not sure why I would want prevent my own bodyguard from scoring.

Oh, you were referring to enemy models, I see.  Uh, well even if that is the case, Stubborn would still affect the Emissary, since the box is an Attack Action.  Not hard to get around, granted though.

Oh, you were referring to enemy models, I see.  Uh, well even if that is the case, Stubborn would still affect the Emissary, since the box is an Attack Action.  Not hard to get around, granted though.

Wow, I had that wrong. I had gotten it into my head it was Ca actions. Now I'm back to hating the attacks again.

• 2 weeks later...

An option for Terrifying that might be compelling in a matchup vs. Undead would be Judge + Flames of the Pit, or perhaps Lone Marshal.  However truthfully Ressers are one of the factions I would find least compelling to Paralyze unless I could catch a Henchman or high-SS Enforcer out.  The much more interesting targets for Obey->Paralyze would be things like Mech Rider, that are hard to bring down and really expensive, and for that I'd have to use something with Terrifying(All) like the Wrath model (sad face).

So, still on the lookout for the right source of Terrifying to make this click!