Lucidicide

October 19th - October Chronicles

If we have the same breakdown as last year, 2 @ $150 and 2 @ $300, I'm really hoping we get to choose which 2, given the varied demand for these.  I think different ones excite different people, but I doubt I'm the only one who likely could not drop a full 300.

I like all of them, and would certainly like to own all of them.  But if I have to pick favorites it would go Barabaros > Lady Doc > Francisco > Firestarter

Remember that there's dark coryphee too. I could see these at $25 a pop, and dark coryphee and something else as the pledge level gifts. 

I'd bet money that Dark Coryphee will be up for regular sale, just like the Dark Carnival was. I'd guess that these new four will be the Black Friday promos then, but I won't be shocked if the Doctor, at least, is available in some other manner instead.

I would ideally like them to be released separately sometime in the future for those like me in the UK who really aren't able to grab these limited models outside of model scalpers on eBay and the like...

I believe since these are all Henchmen / Masters, their standard counterparts are only available in crew boxes, which I think could justify standard retail release in the long term as alternative models for those with the respective crew boxes already.

ps. I rather like the Dr model mostly, but they are all great!

Basing my answer on previous experience, these are only going to be sold through the wyrd store at Black Friday. They will probably never go on sale anywhere else. They might be given out as rewards for some other thing. (For example last years Sniper appears to be the model that is being put in the Temple of the Dawn boxes for free). 

We have as much chance at getting them in the Uk as anyone else (although I will accept we probably have higher postage cost than the states).

On to the sculpts themselves

I like the firestarter, but getting it will reduce the value of the Kaeris box, as I'll only need the Eternal flame, and I was kind of hoping there would be a clear red version on sale this Black Friday, 

Barbaros looks good, and since he was the reason a bought the new Lileth box, I might have to sell that on.

I don't own Frank, so an  Alternative for that means I'm slowly getting all the family with out ever having to buy the Latigo Posse. 

McMorning is a good pose, and I prefer it to the plastic version. 

I'll probably buy them as individual sculpts, but baring some amazing other things, I'm probably not going to spend enough to get them all as freebies, as I'm running out of Wyrd things to buy. 

I'm looking forward to the Dark Corphyee, and seeing how they look, and are they going to work as a duet, individually, or both. 

• Like 1

FYI, this discussion is now a discussion on the new SE models not the Wyrd Chronicles issue.

Mr. Stanley - I too see where you are coming from, and I gots no problem with that. >8)

Honestly, I think its all those years of batch painting static, basic or "simple" miniatures - I've gotten to the point that if it doesn't make me excited immediately - I just don't care enough.

Having said that, I'd probably get the stupid pewpy chick doctor model anyway and just be really pouty about it a place her at the back of the tray because I am a completionist and "Special Edition" might as well be "Instant Buy" for my dumb brain. >8(

Kinda a little disappointed the Female doctor isn't an alt sebastian. I really like the special edition models being one of the models that can't be bought outside a starter. Sebastian wasn't very good last edition and I didn't like the model, so when I got my McMorning stuff I didn't get the box and skipped him, and only got my Nurses because I managed to get a Miss Pack off someone I introduced to the game, and bought one of the nurses from the base pack off a friend because I liked her model. So being able to get a new Sebastian is kinda tricky right now, and I know that the similar models in other boxes being available separately is a common request.

Very much liking all the alternate sculpts, and love the focus on thoseLPT Dr Dufresne 

I am also disappointed. Not with the sculpt of Dr. Dufresne, (I NEED THAT SCULPT!!!), or with Sabastian (his stats and the model rocks!) but with the fact that I can't pair her with Mc Mourning! They would make such a lovely and disturbing couple on the table. I vote she has alternate stats, either her own or Sabastian's or even Rafkin's? Any excuse to play them both on the table! All in favour say EYE!!!! Or just throw one out on the table for good measure.  Oh and yes you'd better believe she will be appearing in my TTB campaign as one of Mc Morning's dark trists. ;)

• Like 1

I am also disappointed. Not with the sculpt of Dr. Dufresne, (I NEED THAT SCULPT!!!), or with Sabastian (his stats and the model rocks!) but with the fact that I can't pair her with Mc Mourning! They would make such a lovely and disturbing couple on the table. I vote she has alternate stats, either her own or Sabastian's or even Rafkin's?

I would just use her as Rafkin. I see no reason why other players would not let you do this.

• Like 4

I am also disappointed. Not with the sculpt of Dr. Dufresne, (I NEED THAT SCULPT!!!), or with Sabastian (his stats and the model rocks!) but with the fact that I can't pair her with Mc Mourning! They would make such a lovely and disturbing couple on the table. I vote she has alternate stats, either her own or Sabastian's or even Rafkin's?

I would just use her as Rafkin. I see no reason why other players would not let you do this.

Allow it? Hell, I plan on doing just that.