Malifaux History: Where to find

Sannop

Hello,

I am getting ready to start a TTB game and I want to learn as much about the history of Malifaux as possible. I remember ready some items about the Neverborn, the rebellion, December, etc. in the first edition books but everything is so cryptic and spread out.

Has anyone created a wiki dedicated to the "fluff" of the world.  Pullmyfinger is great for tactics, but I really would love to read more about who these people are.

Thank you for any help in directing me.  

I am really interested in the rebellion of the younger Neverborn against the older powers.

Unfortunately, there isn't a wiki that I know of dedicated to Malifaux fluff, but I believe this is an ongoing community project in the works - please correct me if I'm wrong.

As for the rebellion of the younger Neverborn against the Tyrants, check out "The Portrait" in Malifaux 2E Crossroads. There's a huge Lucius monologue that hints at this in a variety of places, so hopefully it will give you some links to work with for your campaign. Also check out the Neverborn faction piece in Shifting Loyalties, which reveals a lot about a younger Zoraida and may give you more inspiration. There's a similar piece in M1E Twisting Fates that features Lilith, Pandora, the Dreamer, and Zoraida: Lots of good stuff there too. And finally, the Hungering Darkness description opposite Jacob Lynch's statline in M1E Storm of Shadows.

I think at the moment you're going to be forced to cross reference the various stories in the Chronicles, and the rulebooks if you want to put together details of the Neverborn history.  It's odd to say this, but if you're looking for straight forward summaries and explanations of the world and setting, you probably want to look at the Through the Breach books rather than the Malifaux books. 

If you're willing to wait, I can't find the post at the moment but there is a Neverborn book for Through the Breach in development which is going to include details for making Neverborn characters.  That would be the reasonable place to put more collected information about their history, I would imagine.

On the other hand, if you look at the recent discussion reviewing the revealed information about the tyrants and who's what, there are some things that look like deliberate ambiguities.

Edited by solkan