I'm A Guild Man - How to expand and complete

AndyP.

Hello everybody!
I'm here after few time because I came back from the dark side of the game (the not playing phase) and I want to came back stronger and more entusiastic ever XD.

I'm here asking your opinion about how to axpand my guild collection.
At the moment I have "only" Ortega's box. I love the family, but I think that at 50 pool i can mix a little bit more to be more competitive.
I'll pick up Abuela as soon as possible because she is THE LAW (obviously because she has a shotgun and a steam-wheelchair).

During my match of yesterday evening I had everything I need from Perdita (obviously), Enslaved Nephilim (marginally), Nino (as always) and Francisco (how to go play without him?). Other models were not so indispensable.

Do you have suggests about other models that could work well with Perdita?
Usually my fixed models are:
 - Perdita Ortega
    +Trick Shooting
 - Enslaved Nephilim
 - Francisco Ortega
    +Wade In (most of times)
 - Nino Ortega
    +Hermanos des Armas

From here which are your advices?
I considered 2 models but only for the aesthetics that are the Pale Rider and Peacekeeper.

By the way, I have also another question for you guys.
In order to buy another one crew for the Guild and to have a Crew that can accomplish strategies that Ortega doesn't like too much, which crew you suggest to me?
I had a quick look at models aestethics and I was inspired by Justice or Hoffman.

But I'd like your opinion about a good completion for my "Tournament Bag" XD

Thank you in advance for the support.

Cheers!

Hey there.

post-17870-Zoolander-David-Bowie-I-belie

I would skip Hermanos on Nino, but that's personal taste. The rest looks good.

Both Pale Rider and Peacekeeper are very decent models, but they shift you even more into the elite range. What you really need, are some Scheme runners. Sadly, Hounds aren't out yet. The best Master to compete in all the Schemes Dita doesn't do so well is McCabe. His box is decent, but Dita doesn't really want the Wastrels.

She wants a Death Marshal for protecting Papa... if you cannot find Miss Terious, you should go for Justice's box set. Sonnia's box brings the staple of Guild: Witchling Stalkers... and Hoffman has Hunters and the excellent Watcher. Special mention to the new Starter Set: It contains some really fast close combatants who compliment the ranged game of Ortegas nicely.

You see that you can pretty much go in every direction except Lucius and McMourning perhaps. It's just a matter of taste were to begin. The models that should be on top of your list:

Austringers

Hounds (once they become available)

Watchers

Witchling Stalkers

Dirial, thank you very much for your opinion.
Do you suggest only one Marshal or more?
Usually I don't play Papa Loco. Just in this period because i HATE proxy and unpainted models.
Is he so strong to be an auto-include? I never found a indispensable sinergy. But I'm quite new Guild player.

About the rest, Austringers are nice, but which benefit they give to Perdita or other guys?

Scheme runners are exactly what I need more.
Most of times I need the family eliminate all annoying models they can reach shooting or in melee. So I have no runners for scheme strategies.
Hounds could be good, but aren't they insignificant? If I remember well they are so they can't take Interact.

Can you talk me more about the new Starter Set?
I didn't have a look on what it contains and I still don't have the new Manual.
What are the models inside?

McCabe is quite good as aestethics, I'll take him in consideration. But I'm quite undecided between him and Justice.

Hoffman and Sonnia are pretty but I'm not sure I could take more advantage than using Ortegas intead of them.
I know it depend on situation, but usually Family is really versatile, so first of all I need runners for scheme based strategy.

Well, first of all: Do you know about the Wiki?

Papa is not an auto-include, no. He is however a very good and fun model. That :+fate to damage is insane. He needs some protection, though, which either means pairing him with Franc or a Marshal. Of the latter, you only need one, but I like to run two. They are quite versatile models.

Austringers shoot over half the board with Sh 7 and ignoring LoS. That should tell you what they bring to Ortegas: even better shooting for a lower price.

All the other Master boxes are great but not mandatory. Perdita can do all scenarios, but you might want some diversity sooner or later. Which one you prefer, I cannot really tell you.

The starter set includes 8 models: 4 Guild, 4 Neverborn, but all are Mercs so you can even play the Neverborn. To make it more attractive to veteran players, the playstyles are inverse for the two factions: The Guild models are super-fast melee models, and the Neverborn are tanky and shooty. From the Guild, there are two Orderlies (with a Wk/Cg 6/8 and a good attack), Nurse Heartsbane (can move around models and deny charges which can be golden for Ortegas), and Dr Grimwell (who's also very fast, can move models, and has good melee).

Yes I know about the Wiki, but most of times I prefer the direct experiences of more people to find my way mixing suggests I received.
Austringers will be a sure add to my collection. Other shooters? Nice!

Ok understood what you mean talking of Papa and why he need to be protected.
Unfortunately some of the more useful models are not available separately from entire crew box.

I'd like to spend the less amount of money with the best yeld.