Oiran -> Jorogumo Conversion WIP

Da Git

So, I'm really liking the Jorogumo at the moment, but I doubt the official model will be out for a while.  Also, while I quite like the official artwork I also want a more traditional seductive female one too.  I also really like this picture, so decided to base it off that.

015-jorougumo.jpg

So, having a ponder at what to use, lo and behold, one of the Oiran is holding a glaive! Perfect!

Here's what I've got so far, I've basically just drilled eight holes into the large knot of hair on her back and put in the pins, which were pre-bent.

Jorogumo%20WIP.gif

I'm very much a beginner when it comes to sculpting, I had a go tonight which was quite bad.  Does anyone have any tips to help me sculpt the legs to resemble a spiders?  I learnt tonight that I have to sand the wire, which should help (one of my big problems I've been having is that the putty doesn't stick to the wire). 

Help!

Cheers!

Da Git

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply!

There's no progress to report so far other than I've tried sanding and that didn't work.  As I"m in Japan, I don't really have easy access, to Liquid Greenstuff, although I'll try to see if I can get some this weekend. 

I'm also not entirely sure on the position of the spider legs... not sure if I want them up like they are or more down like the artwork.

Thoughts?

Maybe try and pick up some really thin plastic tube. cut it to the desired lengths of each...section..of the leg but file/sand the edges..

Ok quickly drew a picture.

The blue is the wire leg 'skeleton'. the black box is the tube looking from the side.. the red lines are the angle you'd use to round it up a little to make it like a spiders leg.

After you've don't that you can then green stuff in the 'knuckles' to get the desired look.

Have a crack at that and hope this idea helps.

Cheers,

Nick

spider leg.png