Outcasts at the Crossroads

Kalkris

Hey all!

I want to ask the lot of you the following: What member or members of the Crossroads Seven seem to be the best for each Master in the Outcasts faction? While Somme masters can utilize all of them, I want you to limit your answer to 1-2 of them (and with Tara and Misaki, can you think of some better options out of faction? If not that's cool too).

In my opinion, Pride and Gluttony are the strongest choices for Jack Daw, with an honorable mention going to Sloth (penance denial is great >:D).

And you?

~Lil Kalki

Pride's card stripping goes very well with an Assassinate-centric Misaki.  Envy is just a great all-around ranged attacker that can either force AP loss or more card stripping or damage from enemy actions, but coming in at 9 points is a bit rough.  He does love him some Oathkeeper though!

• Like 1

I just can't ever justify Gluttony over Lust, Greed, sloth or wraith.

Can anyone convince of why gluttony is so good?  the 6 inch range just kills me.

so, for starters, gluttony's aura isn't that small even at "6 inches". Gluttony is on a 40mm base so that already ups that aura a bit. Plus, if you're running him as outcasts, jack or no, you can give somebody (gluttony included) The Creeping Terror to increase his aura and pulses by 1 inch more, giving you a total of 7" plus 1cm of reach effectively.

as for with Jack specifically above other masters, crooked men and shafted stack phenomenally with A Rhythm for Those who Hunger. Leve too I suppose, although you have often better things to purchase with leve than crooked men.

but ultimately, gluttony is your interaction futzer-upper in many crews. He has chatty by way of Feast!, sort of, and he punishes those who don't contribute to the Rhythm

~Lil Kalki

Envy (while good on his own) can become quite good with Leveticus, since he can bring Mechanical Rider. While the rider is generally considered a really good model, it also gives Envy a nice boost by dropping scheme markers close to enemies. Bring someone with I pay better and fire two focused gatling shots towards the opponents. Hilarity ensues. :P

• 3 weeks later...