Summon vs ?

Filox

Hi, my name is Phillip and I from Poland.

I'm not good player and I have a lot of problems playing against summoners like Nicodem or something else. I playing the Guild and as I see my fraction have strong attack actions and tough models but how can I defeat the opponent which never dies?

So please, give me some good edvicess and sorry for language, I'm not the best speaker.

See ya

Welcome to Malifaux!

First, see if you can deprive the summoner of necessary resources. Lady Justice can :pulse Corpses away, Hoffman can use up Ramos' Scrap, attacking summoners makes them get rid of their high cards, etc.

Second, attack the summoner, not the summoned. Of the latter, there is no end. The former is the linchpin, however. It's not that easy, hiding from all the ranged fire Guild has to offer and still contributing to the game.

Third, play Strategy and Schemes. Doesn't matter if you get tabled by an unending wave of zombies, as long as you get more VP than the opponent.

Fourth, play 50SS. The smaller the game, the more significant the advantage of summoning.

• Like 2

Ressers are IMO the easiest faction to play and when you combine this with such powerful tool like summoning they might seem being unbeatable.

It takes time to learn how to deal with them and it is true that some Masters are more suitable to this task than the others.

Personally I think game would be more balanced if there was some kind restriction on summoning stuff (maybe only max 2 models summoned at the time and you cannot summon next model unless one of the previously summoned model dies/is sacrificed) but since it is not a case we have to deal with Ressers as they are at the moment (and yes, I love you ZGuild as well :D).

Can't say I agree with a limit to summoned models given someone like Ramos would get 2 spiders and nick could get say 2 punk zombies. I think part of the issue people have against summoners is trying to win an attrition war with them. As was said above play the strategy/schemes.