Could this work? (Zoraida)

OSP

Hi to everyone :)

As you may know I've been asking some questions about Zoraida and some problems that I face with her (synergies and how to deal with Chiaki, etc). First of all: Thanks to everyone for your advice.

Now, as I was reading you trying to mix everything, the idea of a crew inspired in the classical witch theme has been taking form into my mind. You know the basics: Hag, puppets, one lost boy, enchanted toys, haunting woods, etc.

I don't want to have a super-competitive crew, just something that is playable and has a chance to win. And I know that in Malifaux crew selection must be decided with schemes in mind BUT ... could something like this work?

I was thinking in something like this:

- Zoraida (Crystal ball, hex bag, hexed among you)

- Iggy

- Mysterious effigy

- Teddy (On dreaming wings) (Or another heavy hitter)

- Waldgeist x2

- Stitched together x2

I like the brother's Grimm theme: I was thinking in the Malifaux child plus some fire inserts and chain him to a stake (captured lost child), the waldgeists for the haunting woods and all the toys reinforce the old witch theme.

So .... what do you think? This is just a rough idea, but, could it work?

Sometimes those waldgeists will do you no good (e.g.) no points to defend, and you'll want more silurids instead. Sometimes you will want Juju instead of Teddy, because you will want something that can die.

Sometimes you will want Coppelius, for an elite scheme runner, with a Doppelganger along.  

Malifaux child will be good, but Iggy (as said above) is better with a Voodoo doll. 

• 2 weeks later...

Teddy benefits a lot from free movement and card filtering.  If you're able to Crystal Ball and/or Bewitch your way into high cards, then he's way more likely to hit with Gobble You Up (hopefully with a trigger).

Mysterious Effigy is a lot of fun if you've got a good amount of cards in your hand.  I especially like using it to mess with a close flip on a duel with no damage flip.  If you know you're going to lose it anyway cheat in a trash card, hopefully that'll bait out something from your opponent.  The master buff, however, isn't that useful for Momma Z.

I've found that you often only need one Waldgeist, but two can be extremely annoying for the opponent.  Their biggest weakness is movement, which can be easily fixed with Hexed Among You.

I love the stitched together but often find that 1 is enough most of the time.  Again they're great for card filtering, cover, and the possibility of HUGE damage for such a cheap model.  And another chance to mystery cheat opponents out of cards.

The great thing about Z is that you can run almost anything with her, but that can also lead to decision paralysis.  You'll want to mix it up based on your schemes, but based on the Waldgeists and Stitched alone you've got 11 SS to play with.  So experiment and see what happens.