Template/marker placement

dancater

Question

This occurred to me while reading Willies Wheelbarrow of Doom which allows him to "place a Blast Marker (so 50mm) within 1"...

Now I simply mind blanked, I could not find this in the rules at all. Place.... does that mean?

Now I am certain you measure from the outer edge of Willies base, so cool there.

But is placed within..

1. Place the outer edge of the marker within 1" of the outer edge of Willies base? So basically 1" away
  2. Place the middle of the marker within 1" of Willies outer edge? (meaning that it will just not touch Willies 1" = 2.54 cm and the middle of the base is 2.5cm wide)
  3. Place the marker wholly within 1" so the inner edge of the marker must be within 1" of Willie? (meaning he will also be 'doomed' to be hit)

This will also apply to things like Ice Pillars, I assumed that within meant 'wholly within' meaning the entire marker had to be within the range but I could not find the rules reference for this assumption.

So does 'place within' mean:

1. Outer edge touches
  2. Middle of the marker is touching (seems like it will be 'a where is the middle' argument creator)
  3. The 'wholly within' inner edge?

Thanks folks for the help, a rules reference would also be ideal.

4 answers to this question

Within always means any part of the model/marker existing within that region. So within 1" means at maximum 1" distance between Willie's base and the blast marker's outer rim.

The exception is deployment which states "completely within" which is on page 73.,

• Like 1