Drinking Contest vs Flurry

docbungle

Question

Now this nearly came up in a game (fortunately my opponent passed so didnt need to check). Looking for some confirmation for when it pops up again..

I understand a flurrying model would need to in theory test 4 times, however IF they fail the initial action of 2AP flurry and have to take on the house.

How many AP have they actually spent?

As it is a test when declaring I want to say they have only spent 1 AP for On the House as they never got to use their 2 AP for flurry.

Therefore they lose an AP and now cant flurry (unless they had 3AP to start with) and they also dont need to discard the card as well.

7 answers to this question

Now this nearly came up in a game (fortunately my opponent passed so didnt need to check). Looking for some confirmation for when it pops up again..

I understand a flurrying model would need to in theory test 4 times, however IF they fail the initial action of 2AP flurry and have to take on the house.

How many AP have they actually spent?

As it is a test when declaring I want to say they have only spent 1 AP for On the House as they never got to use their 2 AP for flurry.

Therefore they lose an AP and now cant flurry (unless they had 3AP to start with) and they also dont need to discard the card as well.

Based on page 35 of the small book.

In my opinion, the model declares its action as Flurry, and spends the 2 AP (and discards the Card). They then take any relevant tests, such as terryfying, Manipulative, and drinking contest.

Should they fail the drinking contest, they instead take on the house. They have spent the (2) AP, but only get he 1 action.

The book states that after the ap is spent, tests such as Terryfying happen. Whilst I'm happy to see justification that the Drinking  contest happens at another time, Step 1 has you declare target, spend AP, and then take targetting tests. This is also the time the disengaging strike would happen if you declare a walk.