A Couple of Beginner Questions

How does a hunter lead to playing Perdita? ;)

I think you look at the Hoffman boxset including the hunter and go "what? This boxset sucks. What else they got?" then you look at the Perdita boxset and go "a demon, huge jugs, guns, double lustf**ker moustaches and a top hat" SOLD! that's why I bought it.

You two really understand what the Guild is all about!

Yep, sexy cowgirls with guns!

Can I step in with a Lynch question?

Everyone seems to be unanimously suggesting Beckoners as the first thing to add to the crew box. Are they that much better than depleted? Especially if you are going for more thematic/brilliance game play?

Can I step in with a Lynch question?

Everyone seems to be unanimously suggesting Beckoners as the first thing to add to the crew box. Are they that much better than depleted? Especially if you are going for more thematic/brilliance game play?

They have an easy way of handing Brilliance out at range, they can Lure fairly reliably, they can re-position themselves easily and contribute to any scheme or strategy you could want. Depleted are very good but they are Insignificant and are unreliable at handing out Brilliance given their poor stats, however when they die it's dark times for any enemies nearby :D

ox5uLBo.jpg?1

Look what you devious beings made me do with your Dark Whispers. I hadn`t planned at all in upping my Order. And no its not me being weak and throwing around money I don`t have, its clearly you Guys and somekind of Dark Magic  ;)  :wacko:  :P .

As you can see I went with Lynch, loving the Background and the Models apart from Huggy but he will do for now.

Next planned Steps anddn Thoughts:

1) Sonnia Box Set. I like the Stalker Models and love Samael Sculpt (how does he fair in a LJ Crew? I like the idea of him and the Stalker together burning Things to the ground).

2)I thought about the Latigos, but somehow the whole Family Vacation Thing hasn`t convinced me so far. But i would love to get myself that old Francisco Metal Sculpt, prefer him to the Sombrero Version and his Rules look cool as well.

3) Hoffman is to much Steampunk to paint for moment (My Taste tends too switch every half hour)  ;)

4) I think for Lynch I will get Tannen and the Beckoners first and after that the Depleted, pretty much the whole Theme as I have fallen in love with everything that goes with those Guys, Background, Gameplay and Miniatures, great Stuff.

5) I thought about the Lone Ranger but he is way too expensive for my Taste and the sculpt has some Areas I really dislike (whats up with those way too Fat Hat Brims? You could club someone to Death with those). Shame as I would love to strengthen the whole Death Marshall thing, but I am sure there will be other Models down the Line, can`t wait for a new Exorcist.

Great Question Carcossa, I think Theme allways trumps Gameplay for me, as long as it doesn`t mean that I have to pick something downright shitty. I like to win Games as much as next as the next Guy but not in a WAAC way. I prefer narrative Gaming and can`t wait for a proper Campaign system as Malifaux has a certain Mordheim on crack feel to me and I would love to find a proper replacement to one of my favourite Games.

Money is allways a consideration, see the example wit the Lone Ranger. I tend to pick single Models over Boxes usually and grow slowly, but with malifaux I think getting the Crew Boxes is a great way to get a flexible collection.

Like said Theme is important, but having said that I think in Malifaux its easy to explain/understand why you run thematically mixed Crews, there is a lot of overlap and well...they live in the same city and are tied in Background, so I am not going to slave myself too only running Death Marshall Models for example. 

Appologies fro my ramblings again, let me know if I am making sense. AND THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH for all the help, really appreciated!

Edit: Oh and having the cards now, I experimented a bit with Mechanics, run the Judge against Mr. Graves to get a Feel. Fun Stuff, beat each other to pulp and actually killed each other in the same turn because of Graves black blood. Made me chuckle as I had thought the Judge would own him and had a certain cinematic feel to it.  Playing against oneself is a atd sad, but its the best way to get a first grasp on Things

• Like 1

Francisco is great! The whole Family actually is. The most thematic choice against Lynch, too, as they are Neverborn hunters. If you cannot see the appeal of a Western board (Sarissa and Wolsung do great western terrain) and a shoot-out between the Law (aka the Guild's Neverborn hunters) and the corrupted Saloon owner in the dusty streets, all Fistful of Dollars style, I can really not help you.... I also might be convinced to sell you my metal Francisco sometime... although it's painted, and not very good at that.

Samael is soooooo much fun. He dies easily, but his damage output is insane. He is fun in nearly every crew... also, good choice with Sonnia. She is a very strong Master.

@ Blackopalypse

As a Lynch player (though as Ten Thunders), I want to foremost commend the choice.  I also want to ask if you have the errata'ed "Woke Up with a Hand" upgrade, which limits its use to once per turn.  It can be a tad broken otherwise.

I also reccomend the Vassal Mod to practice and try stuff out if you can't find enough people in your area.  There's a number of players who would be happy to demo the software, and you can play anything you have the card for.

• Like 1