Malifaux Informational Posters?

baggined

So, another member in my group came up with the idea to have an informational poster on the basics of Malifaux to post up while we have our tournaments, to help cut down on too many interruptions from people coming through the store and asking us what we're doing. (Not that this is a problem, but sometimes it we feel bad for the person fielding the questions when the rounds are timed.) 

I was wondering, does Wyrd have something like this?  Basically a poster sized primer of the basics of what Malifaux is, miniatures use to represent characters fight against each other; using cards to reperesent randomness to actions, etc...   And if Wyrd hasn't done anything, has anyone else on here done anything like this?  Maybe even a handout or pamphlet?

Thanks Rob!  I've not seen those before, and they'd be pretty helpful to us players :)

They are a bit to far into the actual rules of Malifaux for someone that is just walking into a game store and seeing this game for the first time.   The target audience is really Moms, Kids, and Random People that are coming into the game store looking at board games and come across Us playing Malifaux.   So, from this perspective and since there doesn't seem to be anything like this in existence currently, what are some of everyone's go-to lines for describing Malifaux?

It's funny how when you play a game and come from a background of gaming, you can know and understand what the game is, but when it comes to explaining the general gist of the game in 5 minutes to a person with no background, it is hard to find the words.

Well, I usually lead with zombie hookers and the rest kind of writes itself, but I guess with moms that might not be the best lead in. How about enterprising women of questionable lifelihood?

I always suggest to just put out the cool big base models (Transparent ice golem left on the side of the board always works well for our local henchman) to catch people's eye, then go from there. I will often describe it as a board game without the board to people who are completely new. Tell them it's like choosing between the dog and the top hat in monopoly, only their choice actually matters, because the dog gets to run in a pack and the top hat has awesome magical powers, and Boardwalk is territory you claim and have a turf war over.

Good luck, hope you find or come up with something!