Eat Your Fill Shenanigans

Aesop

Question

14 answers to this question

Ok, shenanigan extending follow-up question: After NOT ending my warpigs activation (because it's not actually his activation), can it proceed with it's Stampede trigger? "Stampede: After damaging, this model suffers 1 damage and must Charge the closest legal non-Pig target which it is not engaged with. This Charge may be made while engaged. This model may only declare this Trigger once per Activation."

I still don't see how the Warpig thing works. If you end the activation it's done. Same way an activation outside the norm ends if you fail against a terrifying opponent.

Not saying I don't see how it's happening with the activations, just not with the healing with every action provided there's a kill.

It all depends on how you define an "activation". I fall in the camp that the warpig acting due to obey isn't truly an activation, but an action within someone else's activation, therefore the warpig cannot end its activation because its not currently having one.

• Like 1

So then do you play that you can ignore the paralyze condition when it happens? They both state "its activation" as a descriptor of whom is doing the action after all.

My only question then turns into "Can I strip paralyze off my models by simply obeying them once?" My Collodi would dearly like to resolve that one.

If we consider the target of an obey to have activated...then yes. The model "activates" and removes paralyzed, right? If we say it isn't activating, then not sure how you resolve a failed horror duel. I don't have the book in front of me.

Here's what I think: the model isn't activating so if it fails a horror duel it gains paralyzed and will lose its entire next activation, BUT it gets to complete the action it is taking outside of its activation. So better in the immediate, way worse next turn.

Paralyzed outside your activation is different and is specified what happens in the rules: Paralyzed makes you skip your next activation (or your current activation if you're activated when it happens which is usually) and then Paralyzed clears. Whether the action fails or not from failing a Horror Duel off-turn is ambiguous, but most people interpret it as "Yeah, and the action fails too."

What Eat Your Fill does is really specific: heal, and then end the war pig's activation. You can't end the war pig's activation unless it's activated, but there's nothing that says that the rest only works during the model's activation.

Why they interpret it that way is beyond me.

Paralyzed

If a model gains the Paralyzed Condition during its Activation it loses all of its AP, may not take any more Actions, and ends its current Action with no effect. Its Activation effectively moves to the "End Activation" step, with no further Actions taken by the model.

A model that is obeyed and fails a horror duel does not lose its action. It did not gain paralyze during its activation. So the obeyed action goes though, and is not ended. That is very clearly stated.

It would keep paralyze till the next time it activates. Which at that time it

Paralyzed

A model with the Paralyzed Condition generates no AP and can declare no Actions during its Activation (not even 0 Actions which cost no AP). The range of all y Actions a model has is considered 0 while it is affected by the Paralyzed Condition, and will therefore not engage enemy models.

The Paralyzed Condition is removed at the end of a model's Activation (not during the End Step).

Then it ends it activation since it can't do anything. But any beginning of activation or end of activation effects take place as normal.

The stampede is easy once per activation. Does not say "this models activation" So if it's obey its the obeying models activation. Then it can stampede on its own activation.

Eat your fill is nicely explained by Kirai Ankou

Edit: Reasons why the action would end during a horror duel outside activation is that it is no longer engaged, if it was trying to use a :melee attack.

Paralyzed outside your activation is different and is specified what happens in the rules: Paralyzed makes you skip your next activation (or your current activation if you're activated when it happens which is usually) and then Paralyzed clears. Whether the action fails or not from failing a Horror Duel off-turn is ambiguous, but most people interpret it as "Yeah, and the action fails too."

What Eat Your Fill does is really specific: heal, and then end the war pig's activation. You can't end the war pig's activation unless it's activated, but there's nothing that says that the rest only works during the model's activation.

Actually, what it says is simply

Eat Your Fill: After killing or sacrificing an enemy model, this model may choose to heal all damage it has suffered and end its Activation.

No comma there mate, it's not by RAW a series of instructions (no serial comma) OR using an oxford comma. This means it's coordinating two independent clauses, which makes sense because interpreting it as another comma means you could ignore the first portion and score free healing by your argument of ignoring portions of the ability.

This means the equation is more like this one below and supports the view of needing to have both clauses to fulfill the criteria since I think everyone can agree that it doesn't work without killing an enemy model.

(After killing or sacrificing an enemy model) + (this model may choose to heal all damage it has suffered and end its Activation)