AndyP. Showcase - Iron Painter Out of Contest

AndyP.

Hi All,

here is my idea for the first theme of the Iron Painter.

Unfortunately I have no time to attend the competition and I'm not good enough to try win something XD

Enjoy the pics.

Comments and opinions are really appreciated :)

• Like 1

One thing I saw in a Wyrd Chronicles recently (thought it was in #10 I think), was a way to help figure out if your strong OSL (like this) is working. Take one picture from the direction that the light source is coming from (my guess is on the floor to his front left), and another from the opposite direction (so from behind his right shoulder). The light source picture should show the model lit up, colored, and highlighted. The shadow picture should only show light on the edges, and everything else should be very dark and deeply shaded.

I think this miniature is a very good choice for this theme - I chose one myself ;) OSL is a really difficult technique. You've done it pretty well but the highlights on the miniature whould blend in with it more, there seems to be too much contrast between the yelow light and black pants. Other than that, it's a very nice paintjob.