Problem with Derived Aspects

Druso

I think that the answer is somewhere but i cant find it right know, What happens if when i am doing the Derived Aspects i have a negative rank in an aspect and on the other side not the skill?

I will put an example, Trojj my lovely Scrapper with no Evade Skill and -2 Speed

Defense is 2+ Evade Skil / Speed Aspect (the higher) so Trojj will have 0 Df ( since i cant use a skill i did not have although is 0 level) or will have 2 (since 0 Evade is higher than -2 Speed) ?

Took me a while to get that it was the skill rank, not the final total. So, a person with a Speed of 2 doesn't generally need to buy Evade unles sthey'll be taking it at 3+.

(Generally in that, sometimes, you'll make a skill roll, and at THAT time teh additive property will be dang handy. But that's rare.)

Resilience is turning into the breakout "Dump Stat" here. I might need to see about doing something there.

Our FM throws duels at us that require the evade skill besides just normal combat. He tries to ensure most skills get at least a mention every few games even if he changes up the aspect used to calculate the acting value. Remember if a skill is used to derive a Target Number then you need to have the skill to cheat fate.

• Like 1