collodi - lazarus

nishi

Question

hello,

If lazarus assimilate collodi´s "My will" action and use it on Collodi to perform "Pull the Strings" can it declare triggers and/or benefit from effigies buff conditions?

I think it can, because the non trigger pays only for the lazarus and his assimilated "my will" action.

thanks for opinions

13 answers to this question

Required for Bag of Props Collodi? I hoped I would never had to include Lazarus' ugly model. How viable is Bag without Lazarus? (and why)

It's still viable without him, but Bag of Props is basically putting all the emphasis on Collodi doing the work vs the crew. So, with Thrum + Lazarus Collodi can get up to 5AP a turn, thus able to do more work overall.

You can also get Lazarus to assimilate Collodi's (1) wrapped in wooden claws (if Collodi takes the upgrade Threads of Fate) to give himself armour +1 (so armour +3 to the end of the turn). As a 0 action that is amazing if you need to keep him alive

Yeah it's the 5ap, with plus flips to all attacks, 2 pluses to four of the damage flips and the built in one to the 5th that make the bag upgrade shine. With that many plus flips your damage is almost always at a straight or positive flip and you should hit the mask or crow trigger 2-3 times. With the slow and moving enemies out of position or stealing ap you can make 2-3 of your opponents activations pretty worthless.

So do you have 4 Marionettes who just focus?  If they just focus with both AP wouldn't Collodi then be able to use multiple focus per attack giving him potentially  :+fate  :+fate to attack and  :+fate :+fate :+fate to damage for the first 4 attacks? Or any variation in between?

So do you have 4 Marionettes who just focus?  If they just focus with both AP wouldn't Collodi then be able to use multiple focus per attack giving him potentially  :+fate  :+fate to attack and  :+fate :+fate :+fate to damage for the first 4 attacks? Or any variation in between?

Not quite as you have to use all Focus conditions at once. You can't divide them up between your attacks. You could have one or more Marionettes Focus for one of his original 4AP attacks (counting the Fast from Thrum), and then have a second Marionette Focus before Lazarus My Will's Collodi again, which means he'd be at  :+fate  :+fate , but it seems like a waste of AP to me for the second Focus.

but you have to only use focus conditions from one model at a time when collodi attacks it says. So if all 4 marionettes focus +2 first you can then activate collodi and choose one marionette to steal from each attack no?

you are actually putting all your eggs into one basket with this setup. Taking pact upgrade is also inportant, because u just cant afford to waste 1 AP or whole activation (bj on terrifying). with arcane/lucky/hodgepodge conditions on collodi plus "pull the strings" triggers you are really messing up your oponents plans and hand. U can also bring beckoner to lure premium targets closer or/and use vasilisa to bring collodi closer(keeping all his ap for attacks)/reduce targets model wp. but it will all crash if one thing goes wrong :)

to summ it up. for each collodi attack in his activation he can suck ALL focus from one friendly model. For lazarus (0) he still can declare triggers and effigies conditions and gets bonus positive flip for attack and damage.

thanks all for participation

I usually only use 1-2 marionettes with this list and fill the rest in with effigies. I'll usually bring the brutal and hodgepodge as their buffs combo well giving healing to counter strum and letting you draw and discard and gain a stone on kills. Then I'll either bring shadow or arcane depending on if I need protection or condition removal.

Models that focus I'll have move scheme or engage with their first ap and focus with the second. Focus 2 seems a bit of a waste of ap unless they have a particularly tough model. And yes you need to steal focus from different models every attack as it gets spent. This does take a long time to get set up its key to have fast melee models to tie up blast models as the collodi ball stays fairly clumped and is slow remove up the field. If you can get a few all 5 hits second turn you should be able to steal/waste enough of your opponents ap to keep it going.

I usually only use 1-2 marionettes with this list and fill the rest in with effigies. I'll usually bring the brutal and hodgepodge as their buffs combo well giving healing to counter strum and letting you draw and discard and gain a stone on kills. Then I'll either bring shadow or arcane depending on if I need protection or condition removal.

Models that focus I'll have move scheme or engage with their first ap and focus with the second. Focus 2 seems a bit of a waste of ap unless they have a particularly tough model. And yes you need to steal focus from different models every attack as it gets spent. This does take a long time to get set up its key to have fast melee models to tie up blast models as the collodi ball stays fairly clumped and is slow remove up the field. If you can get a few all 5 hits second turn you should be able to steal/waste enough of your opponents ap to keep it going.

all true, i just personally prefer lucky over brutal, because with lucky u can heal even in defensive duels (pays up more with fated upgrade) and you heal for each flipped ram witch is awesome with all that focus. arcane effigy is also great for that possible 5 a turn burn or discard plus condition removal.