Tara or Daw for Next Master

asrian

Tara or Jack Daw  

33 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'd play Jack as Tara's going to get a lot more interesting after Wave 3 comes out with the Emissary (her conflux upgrade looks awesome!) and Scion of the Void as her thematic Henchman.  Alternatively, if you're interested in helping the Beta, then I'd go Tara for the same reasons!

That being said, all the Boondoggles are Tormented for Jack, not sure why but anyways...

I just realized that their is a maximum of Likes per day. Well, consider your post liked.

You owe me. Which means you're in my pocket, and that's never a good place to be. :D

bricktop2.jpg

I'd play Jack as Tara's going to get a lot more interesting after Wave 3 comes out with the Emissary (her conflux upgrade looks awesome!) and Scion of the Void as her thematic Henchman.  Alternatively, if you're interested in helping the Beta, then I'd go Tara for the same reasons!

That being said, all the Boondoggles are Tormented for Jack, not sure why but anyways...

I've played around and against both outcast models. I'm still of the opinion that the Scion's auto-bury defense ability needs to be curbed down some (just too easy to pull off to me, feels unbalanced), but aside from that I like him and the emissary very much

• Like 3

JD all the way. I don't like the new crew art... at all (the guilty would make cool terrain pieces lol) but this crew is so technical... you might get really really frustrated with JD though - word of warning.

If you are not a finesse player I'd skip him.

----

I honestly think Tara is one of the five worst masters in the game. Not the worst, but close ;)

Flame on! B)

JD all the way. I don't like the new crew art... at all (the guilty would make cool terrain pieces lol) but this crew is so technical... you might get really really frustrated with JD though - word of warning.

If you are not a finesse player I'd skip him.

----

I honestly think Tara is one of the five worst masters in the game. Not the worst, but close ;)

Flame on! B)

Not sure if I'd consider myself a finesse player, but I do enjoy tricky masters (all of Neverborn, Colette, etc) and find myself discouraged and bored playing straight forward masters (Lady J, Mei Feng, Viks). I like any master that makes me think outside the box and gives me the ability to frustrate my opponent and come at them sideways from conventional strategies.

JD is great for you then - flip the game around and play anticipating your opponent's game and work towards denial - like I've said before JD's game is more about VP denial then about VP accumulation. I feel strongly that with JD you are working at all times to prevent your opponent from scoring and winning the game 1-0 not 10-9. Add to that his ability to win without killing and do great at the schemes that tend not to be chosen in competitive games (distract and spring the trap + being more than capable at any schemey strat/scheme composition) and you definently have a master that comes at the opponent sideways.

Not saying Tara isn't that kind of master but nurse... er, JD is just considerably more solid. B)

JD is great for you then - flip the game around and play anticipating your opponent's game and work towards denial - like I've said before JD's game is more about VP denial then about VP accumulation. I feel strongly that with JD you are working at all times to prevent your opponent from scoring and winning the game 1-0 not 10-9. Add to that his ability to win without killing and do great at the schemes that tend not to be chosen in competitive games (distract and spring the trap + being more than capable at any schemey strat/scheme composition) and you definently have a master that comes at the opponent sideways.

Not saying Tara isn't that kind of master but nurse... er, JD is just considerably more solid. B)

Well, I'm two games in with Jack Daw, SpectreEliteGaming, and I can honestly say he plays perfectly with my preferred play style thus far. The only qualm I have is lack of outright killing power in his thematic crew, but between the curses, poison, hazardous terrain, etc, I am able to put the opponents in such a bind as to what to do that it really hasn't mattered thus far. I still need quite a bit more practice with him though.

• Like 1