Abusing poison in Neverborn?

studderingdave

I am in a league right now, relearning the game after a lengthy break. I am running Collodi and I am not really having the best time. In fact the only thing I really gel with is poison and Wicked Dolls. I know I am still new to Collodi and I am trying to avoid reverting back to masters I played to death before (Zoraida, Chompy).

Does Neverborn have a way to push through more damage with Poison? or is the slow kill the best way and I should be looking elsewhere?

Besides performers, I don't really know any combos to get Neverborn really use Poison. Even with Wicked Dolls its fairly hard to get it out at a steady rate. However, if you really want to use Poison; McMourning is your guy!

For other neat Collodi-tricks there is a pinned thread on him.

yeah i moved from the mopey "i a bad with this guy" stage to the "i am determined to make this guy work" stage. I read up on him and i am going to try the following after our leage (we play 50 ss usually):

Neverborn Crew - 50 - Scrap

Collodi -- 3 Pool
 +Fated [1]
 +Strum the Threads [1]

Marionette X 4 [12]
Arcane Effigy [4]
Brutal Effigy [4]
Performer [6]
Wicked Doll [4]
Wicked Doll [4]
Wicked Doll [4]
Wicked Doll [4]
Young Nephilim [6]

Afer confirming that different conditionas can stack it seems very good that all my puppets hand out burning conditions AND heal when they damage models.

My last Collodi list I used (and won with) just as an example:

Collodi -- 3 Pool
 +Breathe Life [1]
 +Fated [1]
 +Threads of Fate [1]

Marionette X 2 [6]
Brutal Effigy [4]
Stitched Together [6]
Stitched Together [6]
The Illuminated [7]
The Illuminated [7]
Vasilisa [9]
 +A Friend To Talk To [2]

Collodi can manipulate (and pass out buffs) to puppets and minions. Basically he can ramp up his minions to 11 with the My Will  :+fate  flips. Vasilisa (no current model, so have to proxy) is a decent melee henchman with high mobility who can drag along a friendly puppet (stitched in my case) and 0AP obey them, or 1AP obey them or others. Stitched are just brutal damage dealers with Hard to Kill (and Reactivate when they hit it), and Illuminated are just all around one of the best minions in the game.

I'm not in any way knocking your list or models. It might very well work wonders, I haven't tried it. The first few games when I was learning Collodi though I felt like I was having a migraine trying to use the Wicked Dolls and 2 Effigies (I had the same two you have) along with 4 Marionettes. Once I realized he can work with any minions and I dropped the Dolls and a couple marionettes and started to see just how vicious he could be, at least with my play style anyway. :D

Wicked Dolls are usually too fragile to be competitive, so Collodi prefer other dolls / minions to them. 

If you want to use them as essential models, you think about how they survive first.  

In my experiences, Vasilisa's Ml Attack and A Friend To Talk To are good. But she is too fragile, so I use Vasilisa as Only Supporter.

I actually think Zoraida can do the poison abuse thing fairly well. Haven't tried it out yet but will in future. Hex Bag upgrade + Nurse allows you to put poison 10 (or 14 with an obey on the Nurse) on the Voodoo doll and then use a performer to expunge the hemmed model. Not only will it do a ton of damage, but unlike burning, the voodoo will still have 5 wounds after poison damage. Really looking forward to trying this one out soon :) 

I played in an escalating league where I ran a Zoraida poison list. Generally it was her, 4-6 Wicked Dolls, 1-2 Performers, and eventually Widow Weaver to put the dolls back together (or, potentially, turn their fallen parts into Teddy). It performed reasonably well - the Performers were pretty key, being able to nuke a target once you built up enough poison. (And once the Wicked Dolls got in the mix, they Poison definitely added up.)

With Zoraida, the extra perk was using the Voodoo Doll to either inflict tons of Poison remotely (especially with Hex Bag), or potentially use Performers to Paralyze. With Collodi, instead, I see the advantages being the extra buffs to the Dolls, plus a bunch of Marionettes to draw fire and spam their own attacks that (with Wicked Dolls nearby) can also deliver poison. Throw in an Arcane Effigy, and you can potentially have Poison and Burning all over the enemy crew!

What you need is some lelu's poison claws. Widow weavers poison bite. And wicked dolls. Splash in some performers and take Zoraida.

Obey all the poison shenanigans.

Zoraida -- 7 Pool

+Crystal Ball [2]

+Hex Bag [1]

Lelu [7]

Performer [6]

Performer [6]

Silurid [7]

Wicked Doll [4]

Wicked Doll [4]

Widow Weaver [8]

+Handbag [2]

Oddly enough slurids give poison also.

If your going to go granny Z then its hard to justify bringing a nurse or 2. She hands poison like nobody's business and has super utility to boot. Heck with Zoraida, a couple performers, the widow, and a couple of nurses......girls night out!!

Zoraida's 'Wp 4 or less' models count as Mercenaries. 

I actually think Zoraida can do the poison abuse thing fairly well. Haven't tried it out yet but will in future. Hex Bag upgrade + Nurse allows you to put poison 10 (or 14 with an obey on the Nurse) on the Voodoo doll and then use a performer to expunge the hemmed model. Not only will it do a ton of damage, but unlike burning, the voodoo will still have 5 wounds after poison damage. Really looking forward to trying this one out soon :)

Oh that is horrible. :D