Pandora's damage

vulky

Question

So I was in a tournament last saturday and used pandora in a game, both my rival and the shops henchman told me that pandora's damage is determined directly from the attack flip, win by 5 or less is low damage, 10 is medium, 10+ severe, ofc from the damage spread of the enemy. I was pretty sure that after the attack flip i had to flip damage on the enemy's spread, using the negative / positive flips obtained in the attack flip. Have i been playing her wrong?

23 answers to this question

Thank's for the fast responses. On a side note, can pandora use (or any model really) use her :ranged  attack when she has an enemy model in her 3'' :melee melee engagement range, but this other model does no reach her with his close attack (which let's say has a 1'' :melee range)? Would she be considered engaged by the enemy, or only the enemy is being engaged by her?

A model is considered engaged if it is either in the engagement range of an enemy, or if an enemy is in its engagement range, or both. So, no, she cannot shoot while someone is in her melee range.

EDIT: Wow, 3 people posting at the exact same time. LOL. And I come in last? I think the software starts to handicap me...

Edited by Dirial

But she is not in the enemy's engagement range ( in this scenario). I meant walk action, not push or something else.

I cannot reference the book right now. It's clear that they cannot make a Disengaging Strike in this case. I'm not sure of the cause though. Either a Disengaging Strike needs range as normal or isn't dependent on engagement but on engagement range. Or both. Don't know at the moment, but the result is clear: No, they cannot in this case.

But she couldn't use her :ranged or declare a charge action because she would still be engaged because the engagement goes both ways as already stated.  But when she declares a walk action the opposing model wouldn't get a disengaging strike unless Pandora was also within the :melee range (which if it was 1" they wouldn't be).

Since you are a Guild player, too, we can all shake hands now. We three have the Guild in common now. Isn't that great?

What has happened here? 

I'm am not a Guild player....until Thursday then I sort of am....

TRAITOR!! Wait.. I mean, I'll let this one slide, you let my mistake slide and we'll just move on, okay?