Nicknames

Phinn

The first computer game I ever played was on an old computer that had a black screen and green text, with the floppy disk drive as a separate piece. As a young boy I could not have known how much my life would change as I opened up the cardboard box my parents got me for Christmas. I got two games that year, one was Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and although Don't Panic was very comforting, the second box drew me to it.

With its big stone letters I was hooked. Zork was where I first learned to be a kleptomaniac and hoard everything that was mentioned in the description that was given to me by the "look" command. Step by step, directional command by command I was transfixed, and although that game gave me many things to shape my future, none more than what happened when my lamp ran out of oil.

Ever since that day those many years ago I have usually used some form of By a Grue (as my League of Legends account is) or The Grue as my nickname.

As Always,
The Grue

• Like 1