Is Powered By Flame worth it other than with Kaeris?

Whut

When would you take Powered By Flame? I'd had the thought to take it on Joss in a Ramos crew, seeing as how with  :+fate  to Ml actions from Ramos and the potential :-fate Df from Open Currents, even the basic Steam Arachnids will hit a lot, and it essentially boosts their damage to 2/3/4. Also Steam Arachnid Swarms can hit over and over with an extra point of burning each time, and even the AoE pulse from a Steam Arachnid Overheating or an Uncontrolled Detonation applies the effect, doesn't it? Turning the damage effectively up to 3 and 5 respectively. It is "damage from a friendly construct" after all. Lastly, Ramos's Electrical Fire becomes a 3/4/5 damage track which is pretty nice.

I never hear this upgrade being discussed though. Why?

My only thought is that it makes Joss not only 13 points, but also an even bigger target than he already is, which admittedly is a pretty big issue because Ramos can't heal him super fast, especially if your opponent has Armor ignoring attacks. Also the damage is delayed, so it doesn't help with focusing damage against a model at the beginning of the turn to try to deny an activation.

I actually used Powered by Flame with Joss instead of Bleeding Edge Tech in a Ramos game recently.  I kept forgetting that it was there, but the one round I did remember, four spiders managed to pile Burning + 6 onto a single model before anyone else started attacking.  It was pretty tremendous.  It also applies to Overheat, Controlled Detonation, and the Electrical Creation's various damaging abilities.  I missed Bleeding Edge a lot, though, so I might find a way to make it work in future games (both on Joss?  That's a lot of eggs in one (albeit very durable) basket).