Which 2 Crew Boxes

Roadhouse

I think this question is maybe more open ended than you'd hope, play styles can be subtle enough in variance that it can be hard to know in advance how one will fare with different make up's and games. 

I learnt to play with Guild and I'm now learning to play with Neverborn. My experiments with Neverborn have been centred around Lilith as she's the only painted master I have so far. However it does seem to me as though you can't go wrong picking up the Dark Debts box and Mother of Monsters. It has a decent spread of minions that are effective enough for the points. Illuminated are amazing and reasonably forgiving and the Terror tots have decent advantages that are in a different area. Maybe more victory points oriented and less raw killing/ survivability. The other advantage of these 2 boxes is that the masters play differently enough to give you some variety in how you can play the game. 

Each box has different strength and weaknesses. Do you have any you like the look of aesthetically in particular?

• Like 1

For whatever reason, several of the Neverborn have ended up with crew box models that are pretty specific to them - Pandora's Sorrows are barely taken in her own crew let alone others, Dreamer's Alps are basically just there for him to summon, and obviously Lucius' box is all Guild stuff that only he can hire as Neverborn.

The other currently available boxes - Zoraida, Lilith and Jakob Lynch - all have fantastic minions in them. Zoraida and Lilith have somewhat lackluster Henchmen, and Jakob's can only be hired by Jakob.

If you buy one box, make sure it's Jakob Lynch (Dark Debts) - you'll use those Illuminated whatever you end up playing. The second one depends on your preference - do you like smashy-fighty games (Mother of Monsters), or sneaky control (Swamp Hag)?

I really recommend picking up either the Swamp Hag or Mother of Monsters (you could just get both) as they contain really good scheme runners in the form of silurids and tots.

In terms of boxes working well together I quite like taking Bad Juju and the swamp fiends in a pandora crew as the fast moving silurids make good waypoints for the sorrows to jump to. Bad Juju really helps out pandora by providing a heavy hitter that attacks DF as well as having a pulse that causes will power duels.