Small Target clarification

Gen

Question

I know it may be a stupid question, but I need this clarification:

The "Small Target" ability (as seen on hoarcat pride card as well on their card printed on the rulebook, page 157) says: "Sh Attack Actions that target this model suffer :-fate "

What I really don't understand is if that "Attack Actions" means both the attack flip and the damage flip or just the attack one.

Thanks for any help :)

6 answers to this question

Only the attack flip, not the damage one. If a model somehow has a Tactical Action Sh action, then that action would not suffer a negative flip.

Just the attack flip, not the damage one. But it's any attack with the gun action which for certain models is both their ranged and melee attack. But it's mainly protection from ranged threats.

thanks to the both of you! :D

Just the attack flip, not the damage one. But it's any attack with the gun action which for certain models is both their ranged and melee attack. But it's mainly protection from ranged threats.

Just to clarify, it's not against any action with the :ranged symbol, but all Attack (not Tactical) Actions with the Sh attribute whether or not they have the :ranged or :melee icon.

I don't think that's quite right.

A 'Sh' action is if the attack uses 'Sh' as a stat. Having a "gun"  :ranged is a 'Projectile attack'. You can have a 'Ca' action with the  :ranged ....like Ramos' Electrical Fire'.....and it wouldn't be affected by Small Target. You can also have a  :melee that uses the 'Sh' stat...like Perdita's Peacebringer.....and it would be affected by Small Target.

EDIT: Ninja'd.