Can Opener vs Power Loop

akaean

Question

One of my regular opponent's plays Von Schill, so this is bound to come up at some point.

* Can Opener is a trigger which lowers defense by 1 for the rest of the game.

* Power Loop allows a model to use the highest stat of any other model in the power loop.

Lets say the loop consists of Peacekeeper, Hoffman, and Guardian, and Von Schill has charged the peacekeeper, hit and declared Can Opener, on his next attack....

1) The Peacekeeper defends at df6, because he is now Df (4-1) but because he is in the loop he can use the Guardian's Df6

2) The Peacekeeper defends at df5, because he may use the Guardian's Df6 from powerloop and has the Can Opener effect on him lowering his final defense by 1.

3) The Can Opener Effect is applied to the Guardian because it was the Guardian's stat being used, lowering the defense of every model in the loop.

I am leaning towards 1, but I may be biased as a Hoffman player, and was looking for some perspective.

5 answers to this question

You use the printed stat of another looped model, but you also have a condition that lowers it by one.

Your new defence is now lowered unless you are using a Metal Gamin and iits 'protection' action which specifically cant be.

Edit: Additional clarity.

Edit: This is also why Francisco cannot make everybody in the loop defence and WP 8, the conditions dont help the buff.

Edit: This is also why Francisco cannot make everybody in the loop defence and WP 8, the conditions dont help the buff.

Francisco doesn't grant a condition, though. You are correct anyhow, because Power Loop specifies "printed stats", which even El Mayor doesn't change.