Batrep. Lucius vs Nicodem. 50ss.

bigbopper

As you said, Waldegeists would have been pretty good in this strategy, especially in order to secure the flanks. Getting all of those Hanged in sure makes life miserable, but you did the right thing by keeping them in check with the Beckoner. A couple of Riflemen should have been able to apply some pressure on the summoning bubble early. I think that is the best way of going against Ressers, especially Nico, attack them so they have to spend those high cards on defence instead of offence. You are certainly getting there with Lucius, it is really fun to see your progress!

• Like 1

Nicodem is always a pain to play against, once he gets the machine rolling. I always try to kill at least two models per round against him, to even the field somewhat, but he's just so versatile. Best tactic might actually be to kill Mort early.

I really enjoy your reports, just because Neverborn Lucius intrigues me. He seems to play very different from his Guild incarnation, just because his best Minions are melee beaters now. Also, no Witchlings really is a pain. One more reason never to stray from my Guild path.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies and feedback guys, it encourages me to keep going. The Aussie accent is quite distinct hey dead dingo. Ezyrider never born is how I'm going to play him, still working out when to include guardsmen. Riflemen would have been handy, but then again so would have hans. One of the things I could have done was kept the doppleganger near the beckoner and mimicked her ranged attack.

Admanb, he has a rep of drawing very good hands. This game was no exception.

Dirial, glad you are enjoying watching the differences between guild Lucius and neverborn Lucius. Do you ever take mimics from other factions with him.. I would have loved to have a witchling in that game.

Sevensins, I am definitely finding him tricky. The only other master in 2nd that has given me as much trouble is Tara. He has a lot of good abilities, it's just trying to make it all work.

Dirial, glad you are enjoying watching the differences between guild Lucius and neverborn Lucius. Do you ever take mimics from other factions with him.. I would have loved to have a witchling in that game.

I'm definitely trying Beckoners with him, once I get some. There's no Lure in Guild.

I sometimes use Graves or Doppelgänger. No Minions, but they bring some utility.