Avatar Colette/Hamelin on 30mm as regular Masters

Wessex

Question

10 answers to this question

If I was running a tourney I'd allow it as long as it was clear, and there was no possibility of confusion with the actual avatar if they were in use. Officially, I don't think there would be an issue but I can't say for certain. Your best bet would be to clear it with the TO anytime you wanted to use them instead.

1.5 Colette was 3 models Which are all Colette. No one for any reason should be upset or tell you you can't use alternate Colette as Colette. She is already on 30mm bases and you have 4 models to pick from. I think the bunny from the hat is my favorite.

On Hamlin meh. His avatar was originally on a 50 standing a cross section of a sewer with rats and you want to make him into a 30mm base? I see a great injustice done.

Now this might seem hypocritical since said sure on Colette but her 1.5 avatar was just 3 alternative scripts of her lol. So they don't need to be resized and replaced. But tbh I doubt anyone would complain if you put AHamelin on a 30 and called it good enough.

I've done Hamelin on both 30mm and the original base by magnetizing his feet, so I can switch. I'm not fond of the original Hamelin model, have it but never painted him.

I'd say it very obvious when he goes into his avatar form, because the base and insert is huge.

Cannot blame anyone that would rather use the model from Avatar Hamelin over the current Metal hamelin, I rather like avatar one myself.  Had I ever went with him I would likely have done the same, using the Avatar Hamelin on a 30mm and have him detatchable to switch to the 50mm after going Avatar.  I see no problem with it but it is something to always clear with a TO just to be 100% good.  I doubt anyone would run into any problems as the the model is 100% a weird model and is technically Hamelin, on the correct base size, and thus easily identifiable which is some of the big concerns with Conversions and Proxies.  So I would suggest always having a normal hamelin on hand just in case.

Do Wyrd ever make statements about using old figures from their ranges? I mean I know you can use the puppet wars stuff, so I figured it would be fine to use avatars which aren't playable under M2E and likely to get plastic kits anyway so long as they're on the right base size and I have the m2e character card.

By original Hamelin do you Hamelin the rat catcher. The original OG lol. Or tyrant Hamelin who is not original lol.

Since we we're discussing master Hamelin, I meant the original metal version of him as a master, the one on 30 mm. Iirc Hamelin the rat Catcher wasn't on a 30 mm, so it assumed it would be easy to understand which one I meant.

To summarize, I prefer the rat catcher version over the master version, but I like the avatar the most and so am using that one only.

I can recommend magnetizing the avatar, it was easy thanks to the cobblestone on the insert.

Do Wyrd ever make statements about using old figures from their ranges? I mean I know you can use the puppet wars stuff, so I figured it would be fine to use avatars which aren't playable under M2E and likely to get plastic kits anyway so long as they're on the right base size and I have the m2e character card.

They have some rulings on this in their Gaining Ground 2014 packet they have in the download section.  It has their ruling on conversions and what not and how you can treat the old hamelin minion model and Misaki and the like.