yay got my Bayou boss crew box! with a free Johana?????

grave13

Hmm I seen the Viks box for $35 today when i picked up my gremlins. Along with some other crews. But hey i opened my gremlin crew box up and im a bit intimidated with all the tiny parts.

Box prices are set by casting/tooling costs in part I think, the viks box is six models and the Somer one is eight. All the gencon ones this year were 50, so it's all within that rough bracket.

Hmm I seen the Viks box for $35 today when i picked up my gremlins. Along with some other crews. But hey i opened my gremlin crew box up and im a bit intimidated with all the tiny parts.

Yeah, my bad, they still range from $35-50 - a few 10T crews are still $35.  Somer retails for $45 it seems - the stuff released at GenCon all retailed at $50.

Ok so here is my take on the bayou boss starter crew...Wyrd a special place in hell is reserved for you for the ultra tiny bits that has to be assembled. The bayou gremlin with the fishing poll.....i mean wtf! Do any of thr founders of thid game even put togethrr some of the minaturr they produce and try the gremlins out and ever think man this crew is hella hard to assemble lets take the tiny bits thing down a notch shall we? Oj so far i got the fishing bayou gremlin assembled....grrrr........the skeeters whos antana were so thin that the slightest touch they snapped in half if not serveral pieces. And the last model assemble was lenny who was a breath of fresh air compared to the last three members of the crew box i assembled. In honesty im not raging out im only being sarcastic but come on. This crew box is nuts. I now know the pain of everyone else who plays the gremlin faction has felt.....oh the frustration....i know now. Oh how i know. Ok besides the not so fun assembly of thr bayou boss crew box how did you or do you feel now after you assembled and painted the crew do you still feel that it was all worth it :P

Ok so here is my take on the bayou boss starter crew...Wyrd a special place in hell is reserved for you for the ultra tiny bits that has to be assembled. The bayou gremlin with the fishing poll.....i mean wtf! Do any of thr founders of thid game even put togethrr some of the minaturr they produce and try the gremlins out and ever think man this crew is hella hard to assemble lets take the tiny bits thing down a notch shall we? Oj so far i got the fishing bayou gremlin assembled....grrrr........the skeeters whos antana were so thin that the slightest touch they snapped in half if not serveral pieces. And the last model assemble was lenny who was a breath of fresh air compared to the last three members of the crew box i assembled. In honesty im not raging out im only being sarcastic but come on. This crew box is nuts. I now know the pain of everyone else who plays the gremlin faction has felt.....oh the frustration....i know now. Oh how i know. Ok besides the not so fun assembly of thr bayou boss crew box how did you or do you feel now after you assembled and painted the crew do you still feel that it was all worth it :P

They tried, and that's probably why they've changed manufacturer for future sets...

You know nothing until you have assembled Yan Lo...and his beard.

• Like 1

I didn't find Yan Lo's beard that bad - at least it slots into the hole without having to shave it down or anything.  You may need tweezers if you have large fingers, however.

I'm wondering what weird combination of keywords Wyrd accidentally hit that caused the following rule to occur:

"If you are a plastic Gremlin, your feet must be separate bits."

I didn't find Yan Lo's beard that bad - at least it slots into the hole without having to shave it down or anything. You may need tweezers if you have large fingers, however.

I'm wondering what weird combination of keywords Wyrd accidentally hit that caused the following rule to occur:

"If you are a plastic Gremlin, your feet must be separate bits."

I agree. Its pretty jacked up.

If you want a set that's relatively forgiving on assembly, I'd suggest Sonnia's.  Samael's got some tiny bits on his belt tools, but they actually went together fairly easily.  Sonnia herself is a breeze, the Purifying Flame is nowhere near as bad as it looks, and the Witchlings are all one-piece models.

Rasputina's crew is also fairly simple - Ice Gamin are small, but not overly fiddly.

But i got a feeling that we are going to just have to bite the bullet on that

Well I have a feeling that if they are the same as the Som'er box I am just going to have to skip it. 

Sonnia box was amazing, easy to put together, three really good looking one piece models. I had my hopes up that they are starting to pick up how to do to the models then I had a few huge setbacks. 

I agree. If the later released box sets of gremlins are not any better than the somer crew I myself may be just bying into another crew or faction all together. Its a shame too because i really like the gremlins but dont know if i love them enough to go through the headache of putting them together. I think ill pick up Burt and Gracie next and take a break on buying anything else gremlin till I see how the rest of the gremlin faction boxes turn out.

• Like 1