Activating Summomed minions

Wessex

Question

I couldn't really find this'll the rule book, and sometimes it's just easier to ask than hunt endlessly. So Ramos can summon several models, but I was wondering if they're able to be activated the turn they're summoned?

Specifically Steam Arachnids, Steam Arachnid Swarms and Electric Creations, but this obviously applies to a broader spectrum of models.

Thanks for your time! I'll go back to working out how many individual Arachnids and Swarms I need...

10 answers to this question

The only exception to this that I can think of (activating post summon) is in a Sonnia Crew, and only under one circumstance. If a model is killed by burning (at end of turn when resolving poison/burning on models) and within  :aura 10 of Sonnia (With the Reincarnation upgrade) then she can spend a soulstone or discard 2 cards to summon a Witchling. As this happened at "end of turn" it is past the point that models can activate, therefore he would lose out on his activation for that turn (and would retain slow for the following turn as it goes away at the end of a model's activation).

Other than that, as I can't think of any other instances like that offhand, it's exactly as Doc said.  :)

Sonnia's Reincarnation is (not exact wording) "When a model with the Burning Condition is reduced to 0 Wounds," not killed by Burning.

The model doesn't need to be killed (you can get Stalkers off Leveticus) AND it doesn't need the damage to come from the Burning Condition.

Very big difference. The Stalkers can activate normally if the Burning model is reduced to 0 wounds during the Activation Phase.

Yeah, Doc. Sorry I didn't clarify that, but thanks in case anyone might get confused from my post.

I was mainly referring to models with burning still alive at the end of a turn who then take burning damage, drop to 0 within 10 inch aura of Sonnia, and Sonnia decides to make them Witchlings.

• Like 1

Yeah, Doc. Sorry I didn't clarify that, but thanks in case anyone might get confused from my post.

I was mainly referring to models with burning still alive at the end of a turn who then take burning damage, drop to 0 within 10 inch aura of Sonnia, and Sonnia decides to make them Witchlings.

it was my understanding that if the were killed BY the burning condition she could not trigger the make a witchling, they had to be killed and have burning....if they die from the burning effect they are not killed...they die from burning

it was my understanding that if the were killed BY the burning condition she could not trigger the make a witchling, they had to be killed and have burning....if they die from the burning effect they are not killed...they die from burning

That's been discussed to death in a few different threads. She gets a Stalker no matter what. If they die from Burning.....if she Flamebursts them and hits her trigger, giving them Burning along with the damage that kills them.....if a Stalker shoots or hits someone that didn't have burning before..........

Sonnia gets a Stalker no matter what.

Reincarnation actually kicks in when Burning enemy model reaches 0 wounds..not when Killed.

So I guess depending on who are the Acting model Sonnia could actually summon from Bete Noir before she disappered again. This makes Disrupting Magic a even better choice ;)