Enforcer Brawl

valhallan42nd

I'd prolly enjoy playing Bishop or Killjoy as Arcanists with Embued Energies for an extra attack to turn the tide...

That begs the question if mercenaries can play as any faction for upgrades in this format. Since normally the whole mercenary thing revolves around hiring them into an crew of the other faction and there is no crew now.

For the specific models Oathbound is only slightly worse than Imbued Energies though.

As it stands, the mercs are fighting for themselves, which means you're limited to the faction they belong to. That's not to say that we won't test it out to see if it works well with the system or not. For simplicity sake, we are keeping it basic right now.

Also, my weigh in, I'd go with Bishop w/Oathkeeper. When you give yourself fast, you get the option to Flurry twice, and Bishop can get around most things like armor and incorporeal.

Buuut the difference is in the wording.

Bette says, "When this models is killed, it's not killed, bury it and heal it to full and remove conditions", (or something like that).

Ashes and dust says when this model is killed summon an ashes and a dust, and reformation says at the end of the turn, sacrifice these and summon an Ashes and Dust. 

if summoning isn't allowed (and I don't know if it has been allowed or disallowed...) then that restriction would apply to ashes' immortality.

• 2 weeks later...

Buuut the difference is in the wording.

Bette says, "When this models is killed, it's not killed, bury it and heal it to full and remove conditions", (or something like that).

Ashes and dust says when this model is killed summon an ashes and a dust, and reformation says at the end of the turn, sacrifice these and summon an Ashes and Dust. 

if summoning isn't allowed (and I don't know if it has been allowed or disallowed...) then that restriction would apply to ashes' immortality.

He would be correct. If an ability uses the word "Summon" then it would automatically fail or not be allowed as summoning is not allowed. Bury and Unbury is not summoning, being buried also decreases a models chance at scoring points.

Well, we played it out at the Nova, and we had:

Howard Langston

Peacekeeper

Rogue Necro

Corphyee Duet
Killjoy
Hooded Rider

Killjoy had horrible cards the entire time; Howard couldn't help but flip or cheat rams. The Rogue Necro player played cagey, and almost took third, but the Steamborg Executioner steamrolled all of 'em. Better hot cards than good ideas, sometimes, I suppose.

• Like 1