Starting up a Kirai crew, hints, tips, and builds?

Oh, never thought of the Drowned as pain piñatas, taking note of that one. Also, already faced that tale once against Misaki who was spamming thunder on a poor night terror and it's Df crap. Didn't take down Kirai, but it hurt like the devil for sure.

You did that to me too if I recall correctly... ;)

What I'm hearing is, "Kirai has multiple, effective styles of play, that can suit multiple schemes, strategies, or playstyles". And that makes me giddy.

I'm very excited to start putting this crew on the table, now that their based. Gotta start painting!

ENinja

Yes she is amazing... one day, I'll have to try a different style but O like mine way too much for now!

Started painting yesterday- I wanted to do a proof of concept for my ghost-washes so I did lost love and all of my seishin... lol. I also started the Onryo, and those are some gorgeous models... So pretty and smooth for something so violent. 

I think I'm gonna get to put her on the table this friday. :D

Sssooooo... I was printing off some cards in prep. And I noticed on "Spare Parts" upgrade...

"This Action's Ca may not be increased by Conditions." 

This is probably to make it so a Resser style yan lo can't use Chi to increase his casting and decrease the difficulty of using that spell. (needing 4 corpses wasn't tough enough? :P)

But it doesn't say abilities. Kirai, as a Ressur Leader, can take spare parts. Can she then Entwine Spirit, sacrifice a spirit to give herself +2 ca, then get an autopsy for one corpse and a 6 up, or a necromancy for 4 corpses and a 9 up? Entwine isn't increasing casting by condition, it's increasing it for just the action as an ability... Think it checks out?

ENinja

Sssooooo... I was printing off some cards in prep. And I noticed on "Spare Parts" upgrade...

"This Action's Ca may not be increased by Conditions." 

This is probably to make it so a Resser style yan lo can't use Chi to increase his casting and decrease the difficulty of using that spell. (needing 4 corpses wasn't tough enough? :P)

But it doesn't say abilities. Kirai, as a Ressur Leader, can take spare parts. Can she then Entwine Spirit, sacrifice a spirit to give herself +2 ca, then get an autopsy for one corpse and a 6 up, or a necromancy for 4 corpses and a 9 up? Entwine isn't increasing casting by condition, it's increasing it for just the action as an ability... Think it checks out?

ENinja

I know it got mentioned in the Beta so I imagine that it is fine.  Same with Nico's ability that adds to his CA for his activation *though his is more 'expensive' as he discards corpse markers and needs them for Spare Parts*.

Played Kirai on the table on friday, it was a blaaaast. 

Resurrectionists Crew - 50 - Scrap

Kirai Ankoku -- 4 Pool
 +Absorb Spirit [1]
 +Swirling Aether [2]
 +Unforgiven [2]

Lost Love [4]
Bete Noire [8]
 +Unnerving Aura [1]
Datsue Ba [8]
 +Spirit Whispers [1]
Flesh Construct [6]
Izamu the Armor [10]
 +Spirit Beacon [1]
Nurse [5]

It was a reconnoiter, we had Deliver the Message, Protect Territory, Assassinate, Line in the sand and Make them suffer.

He took McMourning and Co. We both took protect territory and revealed deliver the message.

I took it 10-5, I denied him his deliver the message, and one turn of Recon. Best line of the night, "Playing against summoners is rough. I mean, I usually play as a summoner not against them. I mean, you feel like you're doing so well, and then things start popping back up..."

Highlights- Ikiryo being placed in BTB with McMourning after he caused damage to my flesh construct with a rancid transplant- Blocking LoS. He had to deal with Ikiryo before he could finish off his poison bomb on the other side. When he DID kill the Ikiryo, Bette Noir popped out activated, and delivered the message.

Datsue Ba is a beast with her attack-style summoning- the "on taking a model to 0 wounds" summons on her weigh soul or whatever is dope. It got me a gaki and a Onryo... Good stuff.

Really enjoyed my game, a ton of fun to play, and will be seeing this Japanese Spirit Smith again.

You gotta read those cards.

Though Bete is tricksy for that reason.

I know I've been aggravated that Bete couldn't pop out of literally everything, but she does quite nicely in Ressers.

You have to be careful with Spirits and Nightmares as they are the anti-everything.

No corpse, no scrap, and no Bete.

That's a good way to look at it, though bette can't pop out of constructs either- But realistically, "if it doesn't drop a body, it doesn't pop a bette". I like it.

Had my second game with Kirai on friday, Kirai vs. VonShill in Turfwar. 10-6 victory. I like her a lot. :) (I didn't run Bette This time!) But I've loved having flesh constructs every time. Partly to be big dumb meat shields and block LOS from snipers and the such, and partly to summon off of. And Datsue Ba continues to be a friggin' beast.

ENinja