Gremlins and Malifaux

Iron Heel

What is the relationship between Gremlins & Neverborn?

Neverborn are touted as the original inhabitants repelling the pesky humans...but aren't Gremlins OG as well?

Long ago when I read the fluff, I forming an idea that perhaps Gremlins were the devolved descendants of the first batch of humans that came though the breach and got stuck M-side.

The creatures that stalk the ruined city of Malifaux are terrible monsters that brutally prey on the newly arrived residents of this land. The Neverborn take many shapes, from the giant winged Nephilim to the small murderous Gremlins.The origin of these creatures is uncertain. Many believe that they are created by some maligned force, and thus, they were dubbed Neverborn to help mankind explain away their complete lack of human empathy and mercy.

http://wyrd-games.net/community/page/malifaux_2e_neverborn.html

What is the relationship between Gremlins & Neverborn?

Neverborn are touted as the original inhabitants repelling the pesky humans...but aren't Gremlins OG as well?

Long ago when I read the fluff, I forming an idea that perhaps Gremlins were the devolved descendants of the first batch of humans that came though the breach and got stuck M-side.

Native vermin species, like the Hoarcat and Malifaux Rat.  It's OK to shoot 'em. 

The Gremlins I mean.

Incidentally Rgarbonzo, where'd that art come from of all the new Grem models?

• 1 month later...

To be honest, the fluff has hemmed and hawed at the idea of lineage for...two books now?

Ever since the third book where McMourning opens his lab to Nicodem; he describes:

A creature that shares attributes with both Neverborn and humans.

This indicates a possible common ancestor, which would require some serious explanation.

I wouldn't be surprised if the gremlins stemmed from something similar.