Issue Command Trigger Timing and OBJECTION!!! (Separate Questions)

Saracenar

Question

I'm quite certain I understand how it works, but I want to make sure before I go to a tournament.

Lucius' Issue Command Action says: "Target [...] may immediately take a (1) Action [...].

There are three triggers; one of which is "After succeeding, the target may take a (1) Interact Action.

What I want to know is, when you does the (1) Interact happen? Before or after the regular (1) Action?

I only ask this because another one of the triggers says: "After succeeding, but before the target takes the (1) Action,

the target gains Focused +1 until the end of the Turn."

I take this to mean that the (1) Interact happens after the (1) Action, because although it says "after succeeding", it doesn't specify that it happens before the (1) Action, like with the Focus trigger. And also because the Issue Command action says "immediately".

So, how does this work? I'm quite sure I'm right, but I want to know for certain.

Also, the Guild Lawyer's OBJECTION!!! Attack Action states "If moderate damage is dealt, the target gains the Slow Condition." - I ask, what does "dealt" mean? If the damage is prevented, I know it is not "suffered", but is it not considered "dealt"?

Thanks!

Well I think the strongest argument for it always applying conditions is that "after" shouldn't be implicit. This is spelled out for triggers, when a trigger doesn't say anything about timing it happens before step 5. But the rules doesn't go into detail about actions with multiple effects. So argue that since it doesn't explicitly say "after" in the action text it all happens immediately before you "hand over" the damage (and conditions) to the opponent.

It would probably help to talk to the TO as soon as possible before any matches start.

About Jokers, there have been whole other threads about whether the Red Joker is a separate category that just picks the number from severe and weak and not actually a severe and a weak with any special effects directly related to those categories.

Well, what I meant was that, "suffered" is pretty clear in it's meaning. As is "flipped".

Unfortunately this is not the case with the rules since based on the FAQ in case of Dumb Luck the word "suffer" means the original damage before reduction/prevention while for example in the description of the after damaging triggers "damage suffered" means the final damage that the target receives after reduction/prevention.