Binge

Tiny

Question

Is this the most poorly written upgrade or what?

Pick yer poison: Target model discards a card if able, If it discards a card other than a Joker, it gains one of the following Conditions until the end of the Turn, as determined by the cards suit:

Mask Hooch: Target immediately performs a 1 AP action controlled by this model

Tome Booze: Target gains the following condition for the rest of the game: loses suits on various.

Crow Shine: Target model gains the paralyzed condition

Ram Grog: target suffers 4 dmg

So the problem arises in "gains the condition until end of turn" part. Firstly, the mask and ram parts arent conditions, unless somehow they only take 4 dmg until the end of the turn. The crow (paralysed) part is the only one that could possibly be until the end of turn, so if the model as already activated for the turn then gain paralysed do they then lose that at the end of the turn, effectively doing nothing? Not to mention booze gives them a condition that is supposed to last until the end of the game, is that then removed at the end of turn because of contradicting information?

Obviously the text before the suits needs to be changed before this is released with the brewmaster box, even something like "...gains the following effect.." instead of condition until end of turn.

Maybe its been fixed in later printings of the book?

3 answers to this question

Good catch! Also, now I understand why I was so confused about the length of the Tome version - every time I checked it seemed clear as day but the answer seemed to change between checkings (and now I understand that it depended on what I read (and stopped reading afterwards))! :D :D :D

Is this the most poorly written upgrade or what?

Maybe its been fixed in later printings of the book?

It hasn't been fixed in the second printing at least. My book has for example hair trigger added to guild upgrades, but binge is exactly as you have written in the first post.