Iron Quill- Metamorphosis Voting!

edonil

Iron Quill  

6 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey everyone, it's voting time! Hope you all had fun writing your stories, it certainly looked like an interesting round. As always, give yourselves a round of applause for getting a story done, it's quite an accomplishment everytime. :) Oh, do please stick around after the break, have a quick question for everyone regarding a possible addition to the Quill.

And now for the voting!

This poll is open to everyone. Please vote! We've got some great stories to share, and the writers have done some great work. Please comment as well, we all love to hear from readers! The winner will be announced July 12th, 2014.

Authors:
Please PM to me your weighted votes. You have three votes to hand out. Your top pick will get three votes, second will get two votes, third will get 1. Don't forget to submit a vote here in the poll. This is a total of four votes that authors can hand out! Please note, you cannot vote for yourself with a weighted vote! (As a note, if for some reason you can't PM me your votes, put a post in here and I'll arrange an alternative route for you)

Also note: If I do not receive votes from you, you will be ineligible to place. I'll be sure to send you a PM before then, but make sure I've heard from you by the 12th.

And now our stories:

Vinush- Lucille

Brewmaster- With Friends Like These

ProximoCoal- Moth

Hateful Darkblack- Warehouse Inventory

E.T.A. Hoffman- Drawn to Chaos

----

And...we're after the break. So, I've been doing a lot with trying to improve my own writing as of late, and one of the things I've been doing is that I've been tackling one specific aspect of writing in a very deliberate manner at a time. So, dialogue in one instance, description in another, distinctive characters and so on. I have found this approach to be incredibly helpful right now, and have been thinking about organizing some of those things into a Judge's Challenge. I'm still working out details, but I think it'd be less of an additional category to include in the Iron Quill and more along the lines of a thread I'd start up for it, and people could participate as they feel led, even if, or especially if, they don't want to do the Quill. And I hope that makes sense, because I'm pretty well exhausted at the moment. Anyway, I'm sticking up a second question to the poll, if you're interested just indicate it there, and feel free to ask any clarifying questions.

One quick example because I gave it to a friend earlier this week is this: Write a 500 word fight scene where you are not allowed to describe any attacks except the one that ends the fight.

• Like 1

Voted here, PM'd my weighted votes and I want to add my voice to the idea of the Judge's challenge.

Who is the Judge who sets the challenge though? Is it the winner of the iron quill, or will there be a JC winner who sets the next one?

Vinush

• Like 1

I quite like the idea of the challenge, if I understand it right. Basically people point out areas for improvement and lay down the gauntlet to implement it in a separate text?

I hadn't originally planned it to be that personally tuned, but that is something that would certainly be useful. Could be a fun way to do it, without a doubt.

Voted here, PM'd my weighted votes and I want to add my voice to the idea of the Judge's challenge.

Who is the Judge who sets the challenge though? Is it the winner of the iron quill, or will there be a JC winner who sets the next one?

Vinush

I was going to set the first couple if people are alright with that, although I do hope to see suggestions from other people. Wasn't planning it to be a contest, just a self improvement exercise available for anyone who wants to join in. I plan on participating as well, which I'll admit is one reason I don't want it to be a contest, conflict of interest and all that. ;)