New player, few questions

Ophidian

Hello,

Two weeks ago I (accidentally) stumbled upon Malifaux, I've watched few battle reports and read few articles on PullMyFinger wiki and from what this game is something I was looking for ever since I moved from GW stuff to WarmaHordes. So i've decided to get two crew boxes and try to convert my friends. :D

So I have few questions:

Are there any online shops based in EU that hold good amount of Malifaux stuff? (Usually I order my wargaming stuff from Wayland Games and I am looking if there is any other store),

Does anyone have experience (I am sure it does) ordering from Wyrd store into EU? International shiping at around 15 $ sounds cheap, what is your experience with shipping times and customs fee?

Are there any known release planned for Gen Con (Mainly Crew Starter Boxes) ? Any dates on Ophelia plastic crew box?

Thanks!

Heyho, and welcome!

I like Trolltrader, or Fantasyladen from Germany. My experiences with Wayland aren't too bad, either, since they changed their information policy somewhat.

The Wyrd Store is rather fast for such a small store, but the fees are somewhat limiting. I use it only at Gencon or Black Friday, aka special occasions with limited models, but when I do, I'm always satisfied.

There certainly are releases planned for Gencon, but Wyrd hasn't revealed them yet. They are cautious because they don't want to promise something they cannot deliver. Same goes for Ophelia.

What crews are you interested in if I may ask?

Welcome to Malifaux!

Thanks,

I haven't really decided on the crews yet, they all interesting. I will probably go with Nicodem or McMourning, I am kinda on the fence with other box:

Lilith sounds interesting with all her tricks although I find her nephilim crew too... "normal" in faction full of nightmarish creatures :)

Pandora also seems interesting because of her gameplay.

I like gremlins because, well they are gremlins. I expecally like Ophelia's crew with all their copying of Ortega Familiy.

I am also considering Von Schill for more straight forward play.

This are my current favorites, as I said I am still deciding. I will probably buy one summoner and something else.
As I read the descriptions and tactics of masters on wiki I found all of them at least interesting, so I have quite hard time deciding.

There's a very good twitter community and an excellent Facebook group called A Wyrd Place if you're into either of those.

I will check those out, thanks!

Yeah, I know what you mean. They are all great and one just wants them all.

Keep us in the loop, and probably save some money for Gencon.

I will wait for GenCon anyway, if they release any new crew boxes (I really prefer plastic over metal).