An excellent Nurse ~ Proxy - by Kingdom Death

spectrehorseman

I hope its ok to post this here. If not, feel free to delete this.

I found Kingdom Death recently and am eagerly looking forward to getting it.  In the meantime, they are releasing limited edition runs of some of their miniature line. I saw this one and immediately thought it would make a great Nurse for Resurrectionists.

http://shop.kingdomdeath.com/collections/in-stock/products/pinup-wet-nurse

Did anyone here get in on this game during their Kickstarter?

Nah, the pinups are a line he has been doing for quite a while, the wetnurse pinup also has no resemblance what so ever to its monster form you can see here (not safe for work).

There are deliberatly no pinup models in the game as it wouldn't fit with the dark, hard to survive theme of the game. (though that's not to say that some models don't show a lot of skin, especially the starting survivers).

Yeah those are really really nice.

I've been tempted to buy them more then once but to fill a table with them costs a small fortune. Last time i resisted was because on checkout it added vat and price jumped up even more O.o iirc the townhouse and forge together we're over €150 including shipping.

Yikes!

You'll have to do up a review here on the site whenever you get this game. I love how it incorporates so many things.  Example

The Boss fights during the Hunt Phase remind me of Final Fantasy battles

The civilization building reminds me of those types of games

The crafting reminds me of Skyrim

I will eventually figure out some terrain that is appropriate for each of the locations but that will be way down the line.

You dirty rat...  ;)   I looked at a bunch of those buildings, and thought that they almost managed to capture the feel of the goblin town in Labyrinth.

Which instantly translated itself, since I was on this page, into an idea for a non-bayou themed gremlin gang.  After all, there's got to be some of the old ghost towns that have become gremlin "cities".

Im into both chuthulu wars and kingdom death and Im currently trying to reduce my closet of shame where i keep all my unpainted models before they arrive. Both of them arriving will destroy me...

Have you had a look at raging heroes - toughest girls in the galaxy kickstarter for a nurse proxy? the iron empire has a pretty nifty medic with some iron backpack thing thats pouring a cup of tea and wearing a gasmask so would work well as a nurse for mc mourning and a necrosurgeon for cryx if youre into that game aswell

The kingdom death pinup line has been the main moneymaker for him to beeing able to develop kingdom death up to the kickstarter launched. Also the sculptors he employ enjoy doing them so theyre theraphy more or less after sculpting all the other twisted things that adam comes up with :D

Ive bought a well from tabletop world and their stuff is excellent in quality and you get what you pay for. Ive yet to make the plunge and buy any of their bigger houses but I cant say Im not tempted.

• Like 1

haha, glad to hear I'm not the only one with a closet of shame full of unpainted models.  Although, I'm making much much further progress on Malifaux than I did on Warhammer.

I know the Raging Heroes line you're talking about, I'll check into it.

Be sure to post up your painted Cthulu Mini's once you get to work on them and I'll be doing the same. :)