Minimum push distance

jotun

Question

hi there

We were wondering in our last game whether there is such a thing as a minimum push or move distance.

Suppose I have Barbaros on one side of an enemy model and a Terror Tot on the other side. The Terror Tot is less than half an inch away from the enemy model. Now Barbaros uses his Macahuitl, hits the enemy model and gets to push it up to 4 inches. Now I'd want to move the enemy a little, to get the Tot pouncing, but not into base contact, since then I would not be able to push the enemy again with the second attack or a cyclone crash for more pouncing action.

Pushing the model a tenth of an inch seems kind of nit-picky, since I generally feel the whole measuring is a bit of a give and take.

Is there a rule that covers this? How do you handle this?

Thanks

12 answers to this question

If the ability says 'up to' then there is no minimum and you're well within the rules to move it a quarter inch. Whereas if it simply says 'push x"' then you push it that far....period....like on Lure, the model pushes it's Wk....so it must move as far as it possibly can.

A smidgeon or a nudge still counts for pounce.

I assume that the minimum is Planck's constant. Or, more likely, the smallest amount that the human players can create and perceive, which I'm guessing is something about the minimum impulse to overcome static friction and the minimum time for the human brain to respond.

Half a millimeter maybe? I dunno. A smidgeon. Or a nudge. :)

I assume that the minimum is Planck's constant. Or, more likely, the smallest amount that the human players can create and perceive, which I'm guessing is something about the minimum impulse to overcome static friction and the minimum time for the human brain to respond.

:D

Thanks for the responses. Glad we did it right then.

The important part to remember is that if you already are in base contact with the target you want to lure, it cannot physically move any closer since it's already in base contact. This stops multiple activations of lure + pounce as soon as the target comes into base contact.

Is that a metric or an imperial nudge?