Cow Wars - Tournament for WAAC in Milton Keynes 23rd August

Clousseau

Can't manage 24 hours of gaming, but we can run a tournament to support WAAC and raise some money for Macmillan Nurses.

This will be a 32 player fixed faction 3 round ranked escalation tournament with a £10 entry fee. Proceeds to the charity and prizes kindly donatd by Simple Miniature Games, KR Multicase and Maria Weiland :) . There will also be a raffle and an auction of some interesting items (such as the 3 EBO miniatures and a Malifools fate/scheme deck).

There will not be a painting competition - if you want to show off your painting skills please enter the WAAC painting competition.
http://minimusingofabear.wordpress.com/2014/05/30/waac-update-2/

Come along, have some fun and raise money for a good cause.

Rulespack is here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12083335/Rules%20Pack%20-%20Cow%20Wars%20I%20-%20Aug14_v2.pdf

Poster is here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/12083335/Poster%20-%20Cow%20Wars%20I%20-%20Aug14.pdf

If you cannot attend, you can still support WAAC by donating here https://www.justgiving.com/waac

Confirmed Entries

• Marifaux (Maria) :melee
  • Bacms (Bruno) :ram
  • Innskip (Mark) :pulse
  • PanzerHarris (Ben) :melee
  • Furysblade (Aron) :blast
  • McDoogle (Mark) :mask
  • Wake of Godzilla (Matt) :crow
  • BoyBucky (Leigh) :blast
  • Joel :ram
  • Hjdoom (Oliver)
  • Makrar (Nicholas)
  • Ninjahamster (Jimmy) :mask
  • Mathuselah (Renato)
  • Mark Perry
  • Grez90 (Graham) :tome
  • shakes1066
  • Soul Puppet :tome
  • Hutch (Adam)

Reserve: Rob Taylor

Will see if I can make it - August is busy for me however. Would it be possible to put some money towards the donations if I can't make it?

There's a link to a payment page on Docbungle's WAAC thread (in which case you also get into the raffle) or you can donate to me and I'll pass it on.

Of course I hope to see you at the event.

Paid now. And I have a question about the rules pack:

"Limited Faction Pool [single Master]
Prior to the start of the Tournament, each player will sign up with a specific faction."

Do I have to field the same Master for round 2 and 3? And if yes, when do I have to decide on this?

Paid now. And I have a question about the rules pack:

"Limited Faction Pool [single Master]

Prior to the start of the Tournament, each player will sign up with a specific faction."

Do I have to field the same Master for round 2 and 3? And if yes, when do I have to decide on this?

Nope - my mistake - free Master choice.

• 2 weeks later...

Back from a busy MCC to find a parcel from KR Multicase. 3 different cases ideal for the newer Malifaux players or for tournament use. Thanks to Daryl for those.

So now we have some cool prizes, a great venue and asuperb cause (plus me of course), so we just need to find a few more players to fill the room and raise as much money as possible.

I've updated the rules pack slightly to reduce the SS size of the games in order to hopefully attract some of the newer local players, and also provide a challenge to the more experienced players. We also now descend in SS size rather than escalating. The new rules pack (v2) is linked in the first post.

1 new player today, taking us to 8. Would really like to double that so expect to see posts about the event appearing places over the weekend.

I'm pretty sure that all of us from Phoenix who are able to are going. I'm going to drop a poster into Wargames Workshop in Northampton when I'm over at the weekend.

(well unless Clousseau has already beat me too It!)

Should already be a poster up as I gave one to Dave a few weeks ago. Let me know if its not visible.

• Like 1