tannen and graves

izikial

It depends on the game, although I find (in my limited experience) that Graves makes a not bad secondary beatstick for a Lynch crew.  And Show Ya The Door is pretty good at getting your crew moving forward early in the game (or repositioning them later).

Also, you can use it on the charge, which could be fun in the right circumstances.

As for Tannen, in my last game, hiding him behind Graves with his Chatty aura up really irritated my opponent.

I'm not sure that Tannen has much Lynch synergy per se, but I've only used him once, so...

Mr. Graves has been in my Lynch crew since his rules came out, he is amazing, he hits hard, he can move models around, he is quite resilient with good amount of wounds and hard to kill. Only costs 1ss more than an Illuminated so I always pick him. He has always been very well worth the cost.

Mr. Tannen, he is a bit of a risky finesse model I think, he folds quite fast if that is the wish of  the opponent, he can be a nuisance, with chatty and cooler, usually I have taken him for the thematic feel of it. Also Cooler is the main ability that has seen some worth, chatty hasn't yet come up. Now for the last few lists he hasn't made an appearance. 

They don't have much direct synergy with Lynch but they do work wonders in his crew. Graves is more of a meat shield or beat stick, he adds additional mobility to your crew if you use Show Ya The Door or you can use it to isolate an enemy model from the rest of their crew and beat his head in whilst you do it. He can also effectively reset Tannen's Manipulative making Tannen more difficult for the opponent to get rid of. He comes with Armour +1, Black Blood and Hard to Kill making him really quite tough when you consider he has 9 wounds. He also has an 8" threat range with his charge and has an extremely respectable damage profile of 3/4/6. 

Tannen on the other hand is much more of a support or utility piece. He can make enemy cheating a royal pain because of his Cooler aura, he can also prevent interactions thanks to his Chatty Aura and he even has an aura which increases the numerical value of  :mask by +2 in exchange for lowering  :tome by -2 which certainly has it's uses! His Bore to Tears action, whilst only doing minimal damage also puts out a condition that reduces both Wk and Cg by -2 and it has a built in trigger to allow Graves to push towards the target as well. He may also use a 2nd  :mask to trigger Yawn which prevents the use of SS as well. All of this is really useful under the right circumstances. Denying interact actions and putting a cost on cheating is useful in pretty much every game though!  ;)

Overall they have more synergy with each other and work incredibly well when used in the same crew. They are also very good all round models and fit in nicely with other crews. Graves' movement tricks, durability and ability to face roll people make him a very viable choice if you want a cheap beat stick. Tannen offers some incredibly useful support for any crew that has access to him and it's certainly worth considering him for games that require lots of interactions. Having them both in a Lynch crew adds more versatility than the usual Illuminated, Beckoner and Huggy beat down. It's also pretty thematic and in my experience works very well. It might not be for every one or every scheme/strategy but they are certainly solid choices and they cost the same as 2 Illuminated or 2 Beckoners (14ss for the pair) which doesn't often become a detriment to the rest of the crew. I often swap an Illuminated and a Beckoner for Graves an Tannen as they just replace the models who were previously fulfilling the beat stick and support roles accordingly. It just adds a few extra tricks to the crew that can be used to really work over your opponent. They aren't for everybody though so it would be worth proxying or play testing them just in case they don't suit your play style. 

• Like 1

Ok, I didn't see anything on there stat card that stood out, and I didn't see why lynch would want them, they don't bennifit from the brilliance thing, and the only small cardmanipulation synergy is that lynch can draw lats of masks and tannen can make masks stronger, but basicly, the good modles with good internal synergy, they don't have much lynch snyergy othere than lynch needs what they provide (others provided it to, but they do it in a nice self contained package)