Climbing long distances

Bengt

Question

7 answers to this question

Well climbing is not a condition, So it would never get a +1. And from what I see if the building can be climbed up in 2 walk actions then it's allowed. But we don't allow Spiderman hanging on a cliff face or building shooting at things. Now if it's a terraclips ladder where a model can fit on it then ladder shooting is fine.

But talk with your group and see what you come up with.

I'm fully aware that there is no Climbing condition. The reason I mentioned it was that conditions is a way in which the game saves a models state, so a hypothetical rule could be stated as "Climbing +1: This model is +1 Ht up a climbable surface".

I think the best answer to this is, when setting up the game, make sure you discuss terrain with your opponent.  Whatever you guys agree is the case for individual bits of terrain is then what you play it as.  Personally, if there is terrain tall enough that it's not climable in an average unit's wk, I probably would not want it to be climbable at all, and may suggest to my opponent that is just be made impassable.

• Like 1

I think the best answer to this is, when setting up the game, make sure you discuss terrain with your opponent.  Whatever you guys agree is the case for individual bits of terrain is then what you play it as.  Personally, if there is terrain tall enough that it's not climable in an average unit's wk, I probably would not want it to be climbable at all, and may suggest to my opponent that is just be made impassable.

This, absolutely this.

I wouldn't have a problem with it, but it certainly helps to cut down on book-keeping to reduce game length by not having it happen.

If making terrain specifically for Malifaux, I would try to get around any such dilemmas by making climbable sections limited to Ht 2, and/or making bases able to slot in to however high they climb. If you have pre-existing terrain, as always, discuss with your opponent/group beforehand.

Pretty much what everyone else has said.