Obey and focus

Tapdancer

Question

Given I spend alot of time with guild riflemen men loitering with +3/4 focus i have feared somebody hits them with an Obey or similar. Does the take a 1 AP action allow the hostile player to declare the use of focus?

9 answers to this question

I can see it the other way, that they would not be able to use the focus.  The full Focus condition text is:

Focused +1: This model may remove this condition when declaring an Action to gain a number of  :+fate to the Action's duel and damage flip equal to the value of the Focused Condition removed. [Emphasis mine]

Obey specifically allows the the opponent make a model perform a (1) action control by them, removing focused would be going above an beyond what Obey allows them to do. 

The model can be obeyed to take a (1) action.  Period.  

There is nothing in obey that allows you to do anything other than take a (1) action.  Burning focus before taking the action is doing something above and beyond taking a (1) action. 

Because the Focused description specifies that "This model" has to removed the condition, forcing the model to remove the condition would be doing more than just taking a (1) action.  If the wording were "When this model declares a (1) action, this condition can be removed..."  I would agree with you.

The model can be obeyed to take a (1) action. Period.

There is nothing in obey that allows you to do anything other than take a (1) action. Burning focus before taking the action is doing something above and beyond taking a (1) action.

Because the Focused description specifies that "This model" has to removed the condition, forcing the model to remove the condition would be doing more than just taking a (1) action. If the wording were "When this model declares a (1) action, this condition can be removed..." I would agree with you.

This is not at all correct for the reasons laid out by the Godlyness.

You are totally wrong sorry.

Obey make the opponent control a 1 ap action for my model.

"When this model declare"

"This model may remove"

Honestly i dont see what the difference would make in your example.

Both wordings is clear to me that focus may trigger when an 1 ap action is declared from the model.

Who are you casting obey on? This model right ? And now this model will take a ap action and use your focus.

:)