metal gamin

bertmac

Gamin wont give def 6, its printed def, so def 5, same as his totem.

I have tried to fit one in, with Hoffman and a guardian it is cool but so many points in.. well.. slow models that don'kt do much.

Beat me to it. Yeah, it specifies "Printed". Which means a Steam Arachnid could bring DF6 super cheap. :P

I think perhaps that the "source of Df 6" Master Disaster is referring to is that from "Protection of Metal," which would be given out by the Metal Gamin to Hoff through the 1 AP tactical action, not Power Loop.

That may be true but it's much harder to maintain, given Hoffman's Movement, unless the Gamin is the one carrying him about, which is ill-advised full time as he's slower than some other readily available options.

It did however sound like he was having the Gamin Protection himself, and then spreading it around with power loop which is (un)fortunately not the case. :P

ENinja

That may be true but it's much harder to maintain, given Hoffman's Movement, unless the Gamin is the one carrying him about, which is ill-advised full time as he's slower than some other readily available options.

It did however sound like he was having the Gamin Protection himself, and then spreading it around with power loop which is (un)fortunately not the case. :P

ENinja

Since when have you concerned yourself with "reading" the cards or balance?

Someone told me I should... oh crap... what did he say... 

I believe it was somewhere between "Read your cards more carefully", and "Stop Friggin' Cheating!"

All I'm saying is that the crew I brought with Kaeris that day would have run equally well with Ramos, and he COULD take the brass arachnid.

:P

ENinja

Gamin wont give def 6, its printed def, so def 5, same as his totem.

I have tried to fit one in, with Hoffman and a guardian it is cool but so many points in.. well.. slow models that don'kt do much.

Gamin will give Hoffman Df 6 which is good enough for me. The other constructs have a good Df 5, having your Guardian die and still having access to Df 6 for the Hoff is real useful. 

Also I've never found my Gamin falling behind, (0) Magnetize + a walk is 10" of movement which I've found can keep him near Hoffman for Power Loops and Empower Purposes. Granted they are slow and you have to consider the order in which you activate to keep him from being left behind but order activation is an important part of Hoffman's crew anyway so you should be considering that anyway. 

About Metal Protection, how immediate is the removal? Can you walk from within 3" of one Gamin to within 3" of a different Gamin (the Gamins are ~10" inches apart in this example) and keep Metal Protection?

If the protected model is ever more than 3" away of any Metal Gamin, (or the Metal Gamin moves, dies, etc.,) the effect goes away "immediately." 

So the two Metal Gamin would need to be within 6" or less of each other with overlapping 3" radii (or perfectly tangential at exactly 6")  for it to "stick" to the model being protected. 

(Unless, of course its cast on itself in which that case it would stay on until its cast again, since its always within 3" of itself.)

(Warning- Nitpicky Rules Lawyery hat has been put on) 

Ehem (As he pushes his spectacles up).

Teeechnically, because it doesn't specify completely within 3", and because of the base size of just a little over an inch on a 30 mm model, given a trejectory that place Hoffman at the point where the two circles are closest to each other, the Gamin could be up to ~7 inches away from each other.

(Hat off)

But yeah, Fenton is right. If there is ever a moment where you're completely outside the 3" bubble, it drops off and has to be reapplied. The metal Gamin is good at keeping up, but unless the gamin is the one hauling hoffman around, and he's limiting his moves to exactly three inches, or as speculated about above, you have multiple Gamin, (Or I guess if you've got a secure mobile command center thingy), keeping him in the bubble might get rough. 

Still 100% worth 4 stones if he's giving himself df6, and giving hoffman ca8. Just sayin'.

ENinja