Unlimited Turns

The Pale Rider's damage output would be awesome. An extra :ram every turn from the chasing death rule would mean that every turn after the 5th he could use the Last Crossing 0 action, doing up to 12 damage followed by 2 'Final Moments' with the Death Comes To All Trigger (more :ram ), meaning each turn in :melee that he hits he could do between 17 and 24 damage :huh:. Testament would give it incredible DF too, effectively reducing all damage by the turn number minus one so after a while the most he could get would be 1 damage per turn... oh and he can heal that up too. Beefy.

I'm not sure any model would be OP because the fundamental game itself would break down. The game doesn't end when you table your opponent, so if we changed the game to be one without turn limits no one would ever win any game at all. If we assumed the game had a hard end clause that if you table the opponent the game is over, I have a feeling most games would be decided LONG before turn 6 ever rolled around, as the back and heart of the losing crew would already be ripped to shreds before anything like the mobile toolkit exploding could have any practicable effect on game play. In which case I'd argue the most powerful model would be one who can easily, and consistently paralyze on command.

The best strategy would be to bring the most absolutely lethal crew you could, murder every one of the opposing models, except one, and then keep it paralyzed so it couldn't suicide or annoy your models while your models went about actually getting VP from the schemes and strats. Once those were accomplished they'd then roll around to actually killing the paralyzed model to actually end the game.

There have been a number of games where I was solidly winning against Nicodem end of Turn 5, which came to a very close game because the game continued to turn 7. Nicodem is all about attrition and does very well if the game goes on longer.

• Like 1