Proxies for wave 2

Chriscdoa

Well Wave 2 models probably wont be out for a long time yet. We are still seeing the Wave 1 stuff being released and probably will continue to see the Wave 1 stuff for at least the next few months (Unitl GenCon). I'd feel fairly confident picking up some proxies for the above models because there's a good chance we wont see official ones until later this year at the very earliest. Personally I'm not expecting to see any Wave 2 stuff until next year but I'm holding out hope for some cool new minis after GenCon

Only gripe about Wyrd... miniature release is slow.....

I'm proxying most models as playing with the models that are released (plastic ones that is) would really limit your crew. Some metal models I am not a fan of and I don't want to buy models I do not like just to play with the "proper model".

Bushido are good for 10T. Maybe Helldorado Immortals.

Indeed - Malifaux is the first game in years where i've had the feeling of WANTING to throw money at the company - but i cant, because the releases are kinda slow (that, and having agreed with myself to restrict myself to plastics)

Oh, and i second the motion of bringing back Misakis crewbox soon, as that was the box that convinced me to invest in the game :)

• Like 2

Out of curiosity, do people think that having estimated dates for release going forwards would promote or restrict? For an example, now I know Bete Noire is being released in a few months, I'm not buying the metal model, so that could potentially be considered a lost sale. But if I also wanted a Von Schill crew, and if I had solid data that the release wouldn't be til end of 2014/start of 2015 then I would buy metals, but without any solid data I would be loathe to buy models that I might only use for a few months.

So, if there was an estimated release schedule for all of Wave 1 + 2 plastics, do you think it would slow or accelerate your collection?

For me, having a concrete release schedule (even if just an estimated one) would mean buying other stuff in the mean time - for example, i might pick up Yan Lo or McCabe instead, if i knew Misake was a couple of months off from being re-released. Or potentially get into a different faction altogether

So, it wouldnt affect what i bought, but just the order in which i buy stuff

I'm proxying most models as playing with the models that are released (plastic ones that is) would really limit your crew. Some metal models I am not a fan of and I don't want to buy models I do not like just to play with the "proper model".

Bushido are good for 10T. Maybe Helldorado Immortals.

The Thunder box is what sold me on Malifaux, i even had a "shut up and take my money" moment, and the day i had the $ to buy it, I couldnt find it anywhere, all the other online stores i normally go to were sold out.  Im going to try Ebay, but im not holding my breath.  In the mean time i've already ordered Oiran, archers and Yamaziko